Possible purchase or pregnant doe - bottle baby

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry you are going through this. I think a vet visit is a smart idea.
Poor kid.
Cn you call the vet and see if there is something you can do or give? I expect her blood sugar may be low at this point but I would hesitate to do much until you speak with the vet.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you have a goat in milk or know someone that does? A few days ago there was someone on BYH with a calf that wouldn't take a bottle but as soon as the owner put it on her goat it went to town suckling like there was no tomorrow. It is always worth a try.

I never knew that colostrum supplement and replacer were different. That is very misleading and confusing.

http://articles.extension.org/pages...ment_or_Replacer_-_What.27s_the_Difference.3F

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the help, but no need for the vet. She passed over night. :hit:hitvery peaceful, in her little dog bed curled up. If nothing else I just pray she wasn't suffering.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry you lost her :hit:hit

Hoping you can get some answers :hugs
Rollins lab has been very thorough and it only costs around $30 for a necropsy.

Last edited:

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks :( Not that any loss is easy, but this one is hard. DH cried his eyes out like a baby this morning. We had all become attached to her since she was a bottle baby and quite spoiled at that. It's hit the house hold and kids pretty hard this morning. Very somber day around our small farm. We all know loss happens, and we accept it. Miracle was more a pet than livestock (hadn't been my plan) though she slept inside, and sat with the kids to watch tv, the dogs had even accepted her as a new sister.

Thanks for the warm thoughts. This is the hard part of raising animals. Sometimes it makes me want to throw the towel in. But, I know we cannot give up.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very sorry you lost her. I know it's tough.
It bothers me very much to lose one. I always say that if it ever quits bothering me then I'll get out.