1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Update on our 4 piggies - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Possibly pregnant

Discussion in 'Breeds & Breeding - Goats' started by ngonzaleferregut, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Sep 5, 2019
    ngonzaleferregut

ngonzaleferregut Herd lurker

On July 26th I bought a 6.5-month-old doe. She was around two 3-month-old bucks. I housed her in with my then 3-month-old buck and my then 4-month-old doe. I noticed about a week ago that her backside was swollen and her udders have dropped (I am not sure of the exact wording) and her teats are big. This is all a new development. Her sides also protude all day with or without eating d it usually doesn't happen excepts when she eats and usually just on one side. I am trying to figure out if she is pregnant or not as her private area has never been swollen.

Attached Files:

2. Sep 5, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Welcome to BYH from Florida,:frow
    My guess would be she is pregnant, I am having a hard time viewing the picture, but from what I can see she looks to have udder development and her sides seem to be rounded....
    My guess is you may have a kid within the next three weeks...if you have any questions, post them and you will get advice and answers.

frustratedearthmother likes this.
  3. Sep 5, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

I'm not gonna hazard a guess as to "when" but I do believe she looks bred. Congrats - you're (probably) gonna be a goaty grampy!

B&B Happy goats likes this.