possibly sick buck

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. She slowed on eating one day and was gone the next. I don’t know what happened but she didn’t have any discharge or runny nose. Everything seemed normal other than her not eating and she wouldn’t come see me at the cage like normal.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
In my experience when they stop eating, it’s the gas. The first thing I do if give simethicone drops, for babies. Get them wet veggies. Get them moving!! This, in my experience, is called, GI stasis. It comes on fast, and kills fast. They feel full and stop eating. Rabbit anorexia is quite common. I know that sounds weird. I have a ton more info on how to treat it if anyone needs help. I lost 7 rabbits last summer. But, I saved 9. If one gets stressed, it can be a domino effect. They were living in the same cage. Small guys. But, had been weaned weeks before, so it wasn’t that. The first one jumped into another hutch and got stuck. She died the next day. If anyone wants info on the long version of how to treat it, I can help.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
He was six month old and He didn't feel bloated when i held him. So who knows his brother is fine and so is my doe... But I did talk to amber and she said that it could have been snuggles a kind of phenomena in rabbits that doesn't show symtoms or it could have also been a infection he got from breathing something in and it getting stuck in there... rabbits they seem to die more often then live.