POST YOUR RESCUE STORIES HERE!

TheCuteOrpington

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
A local puppy mill was busted and over forty small dogs were taken. Eleven of those had to be euthanized, besides the 3 found dead in their cages. As soon as the woman found out she was being investigated she started giving away her animals as fast as she could so who knows how many she had to begin with. A "friend of a friend", who turned out to be her granddaughter, was helping her ditch the poor dogs and I ended up with one. (I found out about all this two months later.) Two years old and as far as the vet could determine she had probably had at least two litters if not three.
I have had Peaches for two years now and she is finally getting over her timidness about anything new in her "zone". She has turned into a barker but I don't mind, at least she is healthy, loved, and hopefully happy here in her new life.
View attachment 38263 View attachment 38262
Peaches is a "King Cairn". King Charles Spaniel X Cairn Terrior

Aww! He's so cute!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm going to have to do this in parts, because I really don't want to cry. But Tippy came from the side of the road in a place we used to live. She was found with three puppies eating a dead deer. The puppies found homes, and meanwhile my mom feel in love with Tippy.

Remind me to post more later, but I'm getting sad right now. I lost her in January.

Reactions: TAH

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm going to have to do this in parts, because I really don't want to cry. But Tippy came from the side of the road in a place we used to live. She was found with three puppies eating a dead deer. The puppies found homes, and meanwhile my mom feel in love with Tippy.

Remind me to post more later, but I'm getting sad right now. I lost her in January.
:hugs

TheCuteOrpington

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score

:hugs Kk I will :)

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have a lot of post race strength right now, so I'll finish it.

The next hunting season after we'd gotten tippy, my dad took her out with his trained bird dog. It was at that moment he realized why he had her, she was amazing. If he didn't notice our other dogs point, she would and didn't have to wait for him. For years she was an amazing family dog. Even in her later years she never lost her love for hunting. She did get deaf a few years ago, but I remember last year when my dad and brother were leaving for a trip she'd done a few years ago when we had another dog, and she wasn't going. She knew what they were doing just like she did for every hunting trip, and really wanted to go, unfortunately she had to stay home and watch her bed (it was her prized possession, she loved it like crazy, it was very hard to have to throw it away when Roy chewed it up). Even on her last hunting trip three months prior to her death, she was very excited about it. Her memory may have been selective, but that was only a good thing in her mind. She used it to go out of the kitchen and then back it, and to remember who was petting her recently.
Also, she thought she was a LGD, and it was her job to scare off the coyotes. I'm not really wanting to explain this part, but I posted it in another thread.

RIP Tippy, hard to believe that we last saw you January 19, 2017

TheCuteOrpington

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Have a lot of post race strength right now, so I'll finish it.

The next hunting season after we'd gotten tippy, my dad took her out with his trained bird dog. It was at that moment he realized why he had her, she was amazing. If he didn't notice our other dogs point, she would and didn't have to wait for him. For years she was an amazing family dog. Even in her later years she never lost her love for hunting. She did get deaf a few years ago, but I remember last year when my dad and brother were leaving for a trip she'd done a few years ago when we had another dog, and she wasn't going. She knew what they were doing just like she did for every hunting trip, and really wanted to go, unfortunately she had to stay home and watch her bed (it was her prized possession, she loved it like crazy, it was very hard to have to throw it away when Roy chewed it up). Even on her last hunting trip three months prior to her death, she was very excited about it. Her memory may have been selective, but that was only a good thing in her mind. She used it to go out of the kitchen and then back it, and to remember who was petting her recently.
Also, she thought she was a LGD, and it was her job to scare off the coyotes. I'm not really wanting to explain this part, but I posted it in another thread.

RIP Tippy, hard to believe that we last saw you January 19, 2017

:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs