Prayer request for an injured goat. Latest Update post #14

Rebbetzin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
alsea1 said:
How is your goat healing
Nothing good to report, sadly..... She went into early labor yesterday night. at 8:30am started serious pushing, One little leg presented.... Had to go in after him. NOT FUN FOR GOATS OR HUMANS!! One male kid, not positioned correctly, died before birth. ]I had to leave to do some errands. Still at least one kid to be delivered. Mom is very tired, not sure if she will pull through all this.

She know she is loved and being taken care of the best we know how. On antibiotic injections twice a day.

I'll let you know when I do what the outcome is.

I will post some photos later on facebook and put a link in here to them.

Harbisgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
Prayers sent...keep us updated please and I'm hoping for a very good outcome :hugs

Was wondering...do you think God smiles when we pray for our animals...or other people's animals...focusing on an udder injury? And does He smile when we pray for people using their screen names because we do not know their real names?
Absolutely. I believe this 100%. Praying for your mama goat and the remaining little one

Rebbetzin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This evening, she delivered the remaining two kids. They were both stillborn.
She is doing well, all things considered. She is eating, drinking, gets up and down
goes potty. We now have to wait for signs of infection from the wound in her udder.
she is on antibiotics.

It is just a waiting game now.

Thanks for all the prayers!!

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We had a doe with an udder injury two years ago. I squirted mastitis treatment into the udder itself. Made a big difference. She had a puncture from another goat's horn.

alsea1

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Its hard losing the babies. But it sounds like your doe will be okay. Goats are pretty tough. The antibiotics your giving should keep her on the mend.