Prayer Requests & Praises

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Pastor Dave - This is so sad to hear, but I am extremely glad her son was there and able to take control and call 911. What a responsible, life-saver of a young man. I am glad the other kids are safe too, but their poor mother is in a hard place. Especially with them unable to really see her because of school. I have prayed for her recovery, and also that God sends her plenty of visitors so she won't be lonely in ICU. May her kids get the soonest chance to come see her and be with her. May the Lord lay healing hands on her, and I pray what the doctors did will help this problem never return. She is in my prayers! Please keep us updated.

@promiseacres - My heart hurts for those little children to lose their father at such young ages. And for their mom...I can't even imagine. It brings tears to my eyes to think about her being on her own without him there. Please stay in touch with her often. My prayer is short for lack of knowing what to say....I asked God to look over those children, and to help your friend be strong for herself and her kids. I know there is no healing a broken soul, especially losing her spouse to something like a heart attack that can happen so fast. Constant prayers for her and her little ones- I wish I could just give them all a big hug. I know you say you are Facebook friends, but sometimes an online friend can be a bigger help than you realize. I pray you can be a comforting presence in her world right now. We don't know why things like this happen- it's God's mystery we aren't meant to understand. But gosh...I hope she has family and friends to keep her company in these dark and lonely hours. I'm thinking of her.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just an update on Michelle.

She still has total left side paralysis, but did open her left eye the other day. She is expected to be transferred to Indianapolis to a rehab facility called RHI this week. It is top notch in the region for rehab. She is expected to remain here a long time. This way she is abt 20 minutes from her kids and family.

She has always been an athlete and as an adult, a coach, etc. I am praying the swelling will reduce to allow her body and brain work together. She is a determined and motivated person, so I know she wil do what is necessary to recover and gain back usage of affected areas.

Thanks, Dave

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
With so many other important prayers I feel selfish to even ask. But please just keep us in your thoughts- my husband's family is good folk, but we are having a really hard time with my side of the family right now. It's a big jumbled up mess and all I can ask is just prayers for peace...

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, it is decided..Completed my pre-op and registration today, & they will do The Watchman implant Thursday morning. Should take about 5 hrs from arrival to 'wake-up' if everything goes according to plan. Did tell me to pack an overnite bag in case I go into afib when I come out of anesthesia and they have to keep me to get me out of afib.
https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/pastor-daves-highlights.35647/page-39#post-538522

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can't help but notice the timing. Just a day or two ago I start catching up here and today I hear of a coworker needing prayer.

She was at the walk in clinic with trouble breathing. Come to find out, she has pneumonia. She also has a blood clot in her face. She has to have someone with her 24\7 for the next few days.

Lord willing the medications will work and she will mend soon.

Latest posts