Prayer Requests & Praises

Granny Heeney

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A praise report. 1. it's looking like we're going to get a closing date on our farm...
but more importantly DH and I are working together well and prayers are being answered in that. God is working in my husband (and me) in ways I was praying about but not sure I trusted it would happen any time soon. In fact I had reached out to a friend about a lawyer earlier this summer. Our church is losing both our pastors....they are both moving away and very sad about that and the friendships we have with them and their families. But am trusting Him to provide. God is good!
Hallelujah!!

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How has everyone been doing here at Prayer Requests & Praises? I haven't checked back in awhile and I see a lot happening. Please forgive me- the rebuilding is going slow but sure. Please tell me how you've all been doing and if there are any new requests or praises to be grateful for!

Please pray with us simply for finances. We're working to get money saved to put tin on our new cabin, and firewood sales seem to be what's supporting that (ironically enough). Hoping we can sell some buckskin and deer hides to help with that too. Other than that, we are healthy and blessed, and I am sincerely grateful.

Granny Heeney

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
How has everyone been doing here at Prayer Requests & Praises? I haven't checked back in awhile and I see a lot happening. Please forgive me- the rebuilding is going slow but sure. Please tell me how you've all been doing and if there are any new requests or praises to be grateful for!

Please pray with us simply for finances. We're working to get money saved to put tin on our new cabin, and firewood sales seem to be what's supporting that (ironically enough). Hoping we can sell some buckskin and deer hides to help with that too. Other than that, we are healthy and blessed, and I am sincerely grateful.
I will tuck your family into my prayers! :love

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I lost an lgd. There’s a thread. While there’s no news today and the circumstances point to him being dispatched by coyotes (I hope he took a couple with him) I am thankful to God for all the help I received. The neighbors I knew and the ones I didn’t. People on social media platforms. And thanks to God for the time I had with such an excellent dog. We haven’t given up.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Skiesblue - From losing a dog ourselves, do not give up hope. My red heeler showed up 8 months later in a different county, roaming the streets. I not only had signs up all over town and at every pet store, feed store, and tractor supply....we also took to Facebook with determination. Look up "lost and found pets" followed by your county, or state. Perhaps create a unique page for your dog? I am really glad so many people have helped you, and that you have good memories with your dog. I'm saying a prayer for your family as you search for your dog- please keep us updated. P.S. Don't waste time or money on "Pet Amber Alert" from experience, as it is one big scam that took me three months and going through my bank to get cancelled and refunded for.

@Granny Heeney - Thank you so much!

Skiesblue

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the prayers and advice. Wherever there are people in distress there are those people who will exploit them. We have not given up.

Last edited:

Granny Heeney

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Broken bones begin to heal automatically but broken hearts don't. :( Let's keep the lost and lonely in mind during this season...for many, it's a wonderful time of the year, but for some, the misery will become unbearable... :hugs *praying for those who feel alone*

Granny Heeney

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yuck, a wee request for my best friend...she had quite a bad seizure about an hour ago. In addition, she is a single mom to 2 teen-aged boys, a cancer survivor, and she's in daily pain from a horrid car accident years ago... Please stand in prayer with me for some blessings for one of the kindest, good-hearted people on the planet, my bestie Marie. :love