Prayer Requests & Praises

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
UPDATED December 4th, 2017

I would also like this to be a positive place, not just to come and seek prayer help but to share praises if you like. Has something good happened in your life that you are blessed by? Share God's loving work in your life!

Original Post Opening:
Since religious topics are to be posted here, I wanted to post something that just crossed my mind. I've been praying for God's guidance in showing me where I should join His work, and as I was doing something earlier...I felt a small tug at my heart in the matter of "prayer requests."

How often have you asked for prayer requests? So many times we do this, but how many people actually respond and pray earnestly for you? This is something that has always bothered me when asking for prayer help. No one responds back and tells me they've actually prayed, or offers words of comfort from Scripture. I want to change this.

What I would like to do is open communication for prayer requests- offering true prayer for you, and also providing back scriptural resources for your unique situation. This means I will actually say a prayer for you! I want people to feel confident that someone took the time to really say a prayer over them and their loved ones.

Please feel free to post here, or to message me privately if the situation may be delicate. I will not share your requests with anyone else except for the Lord. Please make sure to pray on your own as well- giving your burdens to God is trusting Him!

Keep in mind that God sometimes leaves unanswered prayers, because His will may be different. It may take time for the answers, or He may have something else planned. Remaining faithful in the face of adversity is a challenge, but remember...if we never faced rough times, we would not know how to be thankful for the good times.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that this can come to help at least one person here. May God bless you by His will!

-HomesteaderWife

prayer.png

Please view our post here for resources on how to get devotionals, tracts, and free Bibles! https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/prayer-requests-praises.32542/page-39#post-553449

Last edited:

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love your thread and hope you have many participating! I am always bothered by loosely given promises to pray for someone, so I don't ever type that response until I've actually prayed for that individual. Sometimes I'll even tell them what I prayed for regarding their situation, sometimes I know not what to pray for in that situation but let the Holy Spirit provide the prayer while I just offer that person up to the Lord for their need.

Great thread!!! :love

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love this! You can lift our family up, my husband's job has gone to bad to plain terrible it used to be a great place n
with new owners... not so much. Anyways we need direction, guidence. I have applied at pt positions but nothing has panned out or been a good fit.. am currently a sahm/"farmer" we know God provides.
God Bless you!
Thank you. Dee

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@promiseacres - What is your husband's name? I would love to say a prayer for your family! I will look for some things too- verses and devotionals. I like to use names to be specific in my prayer.

@Poka_Doodle - I am familiar with that name- I've read about them recently and saw something on tv about them both. I said a special prayer, that her perseverance be used as an example for others battling cancer. That she is strengthened knowing that even though our time here is short, she will spend eternity in God's peace. I prayed also that her husband would be comforted in this time.

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Beekissed - I love to hear that you feel the same, and believe in truly praying over someone. And yes, sometimes the words are hard to find (especially when those you pray for are close to you). Sometimes you have to just cry for them and carry that sorrow to God- I think He knows what is in your heart even if you don't speak.

@Poka_Doodle - I have to admit that I too have been without bedtime prayer, and have not done it much lately. I am glad this thread has encouraged you, and your words have encouraged me to wake up and go to sleep with praise and prayer as well!

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed - I love to hear that you feel the same, and believe in truly praying over someone. And yes, sometimes the words are hard to find (especially when those you pray for are close to you). Sometimes you have to just cry for them and carry that sorrow to God- I think He knows what is in your heart even if you don't speak.

@Poka_Doodle - I have to admit that I too have been without bedtime prayer, and have not done it much lately. I am glad this thread has encouraged you, and your words have encouraged me to wake up and go to sleep with praise and prayer as well!
Impressed with myself I have. May I ask what things?