1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hay Baler - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Prayer Requests

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HomesteaderWife, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jan 27, 2016
    HomesteaderWife

HomesteaderWife Loving the herd life

Since religious topics are to be posted here, I wanted to post something that just crossed my mind. I've been praying for God's guidance in showing me where I should join His work, and as I was doing something earlier...I felt a small tug at my heart in the matter of "prayer requests."

How often have you asked for prayer requests? So many times we do this, but how many people actually respond and pray earnestly for you? This is something that has always bothered me when asking for prayer help. No one responds back and tells me they've actually replied, or offers words of comfort from Scripture. I want to change this.

What I would like to do is open communication for prayer requests- offering true prayer for you, and also providing back scriptural resources for your unique situation. This means I will actually say a prayer for you! I want people to feel confident that someone took the time to really say a prayer over them and their loved ones.

Please feel free to post here, or to message me privately if the situation may be delicate. I will not share your requests with anyone else except for the Lord. Please make sure to pray on your own as well- giving your burdens to God is trusting Him!

Keep in mind that God sometimes leaves unanswered prayers, because His will may be different. It may take time for the answers, or He may have something else planned. Remaining faithful in the face of adversity is a challenge, but remember...if we never faced rough times, we would not know how to be thankful for the good times.

Thank you for your time, and I hope that this can come to help at least one person here. May God bless you by His will!

-HomesteaderWife

prayer.png

2. Jan 27, 2016
    Beekissed

Beekissed True BYH Addict

I love your thread and hope you have many participating! I am always bothered by loosely given promises to pray for someone, so I don't ever type that response until I've actually prayed for that individual. Sometimes I'll even tell them what I prayed for regarding their situation, sometimes I know not what to pray for in that situation but let the Holy Spirit provide the prayer while I just offer that person up to the Lord for their need.

Great thread!!! :love

3. Jan 27, 2016
    Poka_Doodle

Poka_Doodle True BYH Addict

Glad this is here. Seeing that others are going through harder things tends to help me.

Devonviolet and HomesteaderWife like this.
  4. Jan 27, 2016
    promiseacres

promiseacres True BYH Addict

Love this! You can lift our family up, my husband's job has gone to bad to plain terrible it used to be a great place n
    with new owners... not so much. Anyways we need direction, guidence. I have applied at pt positions but nothing has panned out or been a good fit.. am currently a sahm/"farmer" we know God provides.
    God Bless you!
    Thank you. Dee

5. Jan 27, 2016
    Poka_Doodle

Hey. I might put a request out now. I am wanting people to pray for one of my favorite singers, Joey Feek, she has terminal cancer and is dieing. She and her husband have amazing music despite that we don't hear about them on the radio.

6. Jan 27, 2016
    HomesteaderWife

@promiseacres - What is your husband's name? I would love to say a prayer for your family! I will look for some things too- verses and devotionals. I like to use names to be specific in my prayer.

@Poka_Doodle - I am familiar with that name- I've read about them recently and saw something on tv about them both. I said a special prayer, that her perseverance be used as an example for others battling cancer. That she is strengthened knowing that even though our time here is short, she will spend eternity in God's peace. I prayed also that her husband would be comforted in this time.

TAH, Devonviolet and Poka_Doodle like this.
  7. Jan 27, 2016
    Poka_Doodle

I don't want to say it but I haven't prayed before bed for a while. For years I did it, and made myself think it had to be before 10 then it became that prayer time was at 9:42 and I'm going to start that again because of this thread.

8. Jan 27, 2016
    HomesteaderWife

@Beekissed - I love to hear that you feel the same, and believe in truly praying over someone. And yes, sometimes the words are hard to find (especially when those you pray for are close to you). Sometimes you have to just cry for them and carry that sorrow to God- I think He knows what is in your heart even if you don't speak.

@Poka_Doodle - I have to admit that I too have been without bedtime prayer, and have not done it much lately. I am glad this thread has encouraged you, and your words have encouraged me to wake up and go to sleep with praise and prayer as well!

9. Jan 27, 2016
    Poka_Doodle

Impressed with myself I have. May I ask what things?

10. Jan 27, 2016
    HomesteaderWife