Prebirth Prolapse? Thoughts..

Shepherdess219

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So I’ve been lambing/kidding for 13 years and I’ve not ever seen this. This little goat is due to kid for her first time in the next 2-7 days (her actual due date is Jan 19th). When she stands up on
B6014187-9E15-476E-B6EB-3F82CE98EB3F.jpeg
8BA42BA3-3C76-4501-91FB-7528720ADDB3.jpeg
a block to eat this comes out. When she stands normal she’s fine. Kids/kid are still moving about inside, I felt them today. Anyone had this before? Seems like she’s just bulging a bit from the kids, but it’s concerning.

Shepherdess219

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So just spoke with the vet this morning and it’s not unusual or an emergency. Everything was all back in this morning so someone must have shifted. She said that if it pops out and stays out, then we’ll want to bring her in and have a stitch put in to keep everything in place until kidding. So whew. Glad she’s not in trouble.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
So just spoke with the vet this morning and it’s not unusual or an emergency. Everything was all back in this morning so someone must have shifted. She said that if it pops out and stays out, then we’ll want to bring her in and have a stitch put in to keep everything in place until kidding. So whew. Glad she’s not in trouble.
Really watch it well, I have lost a doe and the kid to vaginal prolapse...if it does come out and you need to get her to the vet, keep it very moist so it doesn't dry out.... 😍

Shepherdess219

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Really watch it well, I have lost a doe and the kid to vaginal prolapse...if it does come out and you need to get her to the vet, keep it very moist so it doesn't dry out.... 😍
Yes, I’ve been lucky I think. It would bulge and then disappear right away when she stood normally and it doesn’t happen when she lays down. Will be watching a lot, much to her chagrin. She’s like excuse me! Get out of my business thank you very much. I hope she goes sooner rather than later.