Precious milker...maybe

archerobx

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have an doe that is with her mom and weathered guy. They have been together for several years and nothing. Now I’ve watched the doe get bigger and proportioned more on her left side, plus her utters are full. I felt the utters and they weren’t warm.
I think if he was able to impregnate one of them it would of happened by now. So I’m confused on how to tell is false pregnancy or a precious milker.
Any insight on this would be great.
Thank you

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Left side is the rumen.
You may have a precocious udder if coming from a strong milk line.
You can always do a blood test for $4 through Bio Pryn.

archerobx

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You might want to get her checked out by the vet. A wether should not be able to breed, so if she is not pregnant, she might have something else going on.

I didn’t think he was able to
Left side is the rumen.
You may have a precocious udder if coming from a strong milk line.
You can always do a blood test for $4 through Bio Pryn.

He mom carried her more on the left, wasn’t sure if they all did or not.

I ordered a blood pregnancy test and a California mastitis test.

The mother is pure Lamancha and I was told she was a good producer. I’m trying to get in contact with the person I got her from to see if there is a history or something.

Thank you

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn’t think he was able to

He mom carried her more on the left, wasn’t sure if they all did or not.

I ordered a blood pregnancy test and a California mastitis test.

The mother is pure Lamancha and I was told she was a good producer. I’m trying to get in contact with the person I got her from to see if there is a history or something.

Thank you

Unless her dam had some kind of anatomical anomaly what you were seeing is the rumen:p, when carrying especially large litters etc that can push the rumen over afarther and the left side will look big. Kids are carried on the right side.

As far as precocious udders, that is nothing unusual. We have lots of does that get them. We have a afriend that had such a huge precocious udder she went ahead and started milking her. She has been in milk for a year and never kidded. We let ours alone.

Latest posts