Pregnant doe in heat?

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I purchased a supposidly bred doe just a couple weeks ago. They cannot confirm bred, was just with an intact buck for 45 days.

Today she is very into my buck. And he is talking to her like they are love struck teens. She is even putting her head under his neck, letting him lick and rub all over her head. We have him tied due to being too aggressive with my recently kidded doe and her twins.

The supposidly bred doe has white vaginal discharge.

If a she was bred she would be due in April.

My question is...if this doe is pregnant can she come in heat during? If not, thwn I'm pretty sure she's not pregnant, I want to let her breed with my buck. If she is in facfact pregnant she wouldn't be able to conceive twice right? Sounds like a very dumb question but figured if I didn't make sure, I'd look even more ignorant for not asking.

Just want to make sure if I do let them tango, it won't be dangerous. She is showing all the same signs of being in heat my other doe did asking well.

Thanks!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like she's in heat. I'd guess the previous breeding did not take place. Just because a doe was with a buck for 45 days doesn't mean she was bred during that time. :idunno If you do breed her now, you'd be looking at July-Aug kids... workable for you?

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Some goats do have 'false heats' while they are bred, but I think your doe is probably just not pregnant and in heat. I would certainly let her in with your buck! Good luck!

BTW, what breed is she?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
False heats this far in pregnancy are pretty unlikely.

We've had a doe conceive 2 times ~ 10 days apart, but at this point I think your girl is open.

Hope they didn't charge you a "bred doe" price.

If I ever buy a bred doe from someone I don't know, I'd pull some blood and send it out for a pregnancy test.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
She's a boer. And let's just say we penned up mom and babies. Untied my buck. It took all of 3 minutes of him and my new doe to dance and round the field until we witnessed her being bred. So, apparently my supposidly bred doe was not bred...but as of tonight should be lol 150 day count down lol

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
False heats this far in pregnancy are pretty unlikely.

We've had a doe conceive 2 times ~ 10 days apart, but at this point I think your girl is open.

Hope they didn't charge you a "bred doe" price.

If I ever buy a bred doe from someone I don't know, I'd pull some blood and send it out for a pregnancy test.
No, if she was bred I was getting a good deal, but if not, she was what I'd consider regular price for a nice boer doe.

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds to me like she's in heat. I'd guess the previous breeding did not take place. Just because a doe was with a buck for 45 days doesn't mean she was bred during that time. :idunno If you do breed her now, you'd be looking at July-Aug kids... workable for you?
July and August due date is just fine. Beach trip is planned for end of June. Should be safe lol

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Just curious as to what you bred her to?
My boer male. I can post pics of him and her. Think some pretty kids might come from this. He is the same male that my other doe kidded from. Kids look nothing like him. But now this doe is a caramel color, she's beautiful. And he's your typical white and red head boer.