1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Feedback on Goat Barn Build - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant Doe Leaking Milk

Discussion in 'Birthing, Weaning, and Raising Young Goats' started by rachels.haven, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Jul 27, 2019
    grammyg3x

grammyg3x Exploring the pasture

I have a doe, who unbeknown to us, was a year round milker. We bred her and she just never dried off and about a month before she was to freshen she started to leak. So we would milk her totally out and a few days later she was filled again. We continued this regimen until she freshened and everything is as it should be now. She is a very strong milk producer and my guess is she will continue to milk through this year. Now I will be prepared and I don't think I will breed her. If she dries off I think I will let her body regroup from the stress of producing milk and kids for this year.