Pregnant doe with bloat

journey11

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Just to update on Katie's condition after our scary episode of shock yesterday: she is perky today and out grazing, but she has had a touch of an upper respiratory infection since the bloat. I think she aspirated a little of the Therabloat when the vet dosed her because she coughed a lot after. Yesterday, before she had shock, I noted one of her eyes also watering and she has had a bit of a runny nose all along. Today is about the same. Her lungs sound clear though. Should I worry? I am really afraid to give her any more shots until I can get some epinephrine (the vet was currently out). As well as she looks, I also declined to give her the Banamine and Thiamine he sent me home with yesterday. I am so determined to see her get better! I am very nervous of how fragile she might now be though.

This is my little Lazarus trotting around 2 hours after the EpiPen injections yesterday...
20190319_184107.jpg

Animal lover 345

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Oh no that's tereble that she has bloat is she any better ? Hay is definitely good when we had goats we had a 3 legged goat and she was pregnant with twins!! she had a little of bloat and we were soooo scared we also gave here a little garlic in her hay and i think that helped but don't try any thing till you look it up on the internet . I hope she gets better :bow:thumbsup how long untill she is dew ?

journey11

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh no that's tereble that she has bloat is she any better ? Hay is definitely good when we had goats we had a 3 legged goat and she was pregnant with twins!! she had a little of bloat and we were soooo scared we also gave here a little garlic in her hay and i think that helped but don't try any thing till you look it up on the internet . I hope she gets better :bow:thumbsup how long untill she is dew ?

We did finally get her over the bloat and her poops are normal again. Now we are still dealing with the aftermath. The vet thought her gut biome being off probably contributed to her allergic reaction to the antibiotics.

She is supposed to kid in mid-May, if everything works out. We've been super excited for our first kids. I sure hope they are faring well after all of this. It is a wonder to me that she has not lost them, she has been through so much.

Katie is 11 and Julie, her mom, is 13. I just want to give them a good life and lots of love. I hate that they have had to deal with my mistakes and such a steep learning curve. :( I read Story's Guide to dairy goats before I got them. It is not the same as figuring out things first hand though.