Pregnant doe with watery eyes

4HGoatGirl

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
EE2AE25B-4BE9-4F7D-BA02-50A2599F315B.jpeg
B5EF482E-EA70-4214-BB29-D61A57E1B9F5.jpeg
We brought home a clearly pregnant Nigerian dwarf. She is due end of February. We just noticed her eyes are a bit watery. She was digging around a few flakes of Alfalfa while we were there so could it be Allergies? Or Pink eye? What can we do that won’t affect/hurt the babies? Thanks!

kuwaiti-90

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
View attachment 41535 View attachment 41536 We brought home a clearly pregnant Nigerian dwarf. She is due end of February. We just noticed her eyes are a bit watery. She was digging around a few flakes of Alfalfa while we were there so could it be Allergies? Or Pink eye? What can we do that won’t affect/hurt the babies? Thanks!

Hello .
Ophthalmology varies depending on the situation ...

May be sensitive or viral, according to the report of the veterinarian ..
Some useful treatments for him:
Ointment for the eyes of the human pharmacy (Ophthalmology) antibiotic I used it and it was good.
Oxytetracycline drops in the eye or contains sprays twice a day or as prescribed by the veterinarian
Some people use penicillin / drops or ointment ،Tylosin also drips one eye to the eye.
Some of them use Dexamethasone with treatment and I do not prefer this treatment with pregnancy ..
Personally, I always treat Oxytetracycline sprays or Tylosin eye drops, and the result is good

All these treatments are excellent .. but come back after the diagnosis of the vet condition