Pregnant goat....when should I worry?

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
*PICS added*

Hello again! It's been a while since I have been on here, but I'm a little worried about my pregnant goat. She's been showing signs of being in labor for a few days, but still no kid. This is my third birth, second with her. She's a Nigerian Dwarf. She has had a swollen vaginal area for a long while, and just a few days ago, she started oozing thick whitish discharge, but now it has stopped. So we have been watching her closely. I thought she was having contractions a few days ago, but they weren't intense...she was still eating her food and eating at the grass. I can still see the kid moving around in her belly (which is very cool, btw). I don't know if she is gonna have twins or not...she is pretty big, though! Her udder is pretty full, as well. My question is when should I start worrying that something is wrong? We do have a vet right down the road that sees goats, so that is an option, if need be, but I'm not sure if she is available on the weekend. Thanks for any help/tips!

Edited for added pics.

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0056.jpg
    IMAG0056.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMAG0057.jpg
    IMAG0057.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Alibo

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She's so pretty! I wouldn't worry unless she seems in distress or starts pushing that lasts for longer than a few hours. If she is chewing her cud and seems content I would just enjoy the wait. It's always like Christmas for me:pop

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She's so pretty! I wouldn't worry unless she seems in distress or starts pushing that lasts for longer than a few hours. If she is chewing her cud and seems content I would just enjoy the wait. It's always like Christmas for me:pop

Hahaha Yeah same here! Thank you! Our male, Sammy, looks just like her. They make beautiful babies! But, yeah, she is eating fine...a LOT actually. I figure it's her body gearing up for labor. We keep her feed bucket full and she eats all day. lol But, she just may be enjoying the fact that Sam isn't around to shove her away. lol He's a little piggy. :lol:

Jenn27

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh yeah! And mine are all spoiled rotten, as are my chickens, ducks and dogs.

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
There are many goats who act like they are in labor (pacing, having discharge, etc.) but still don't kid for a couple weeks! It is normal, I wouldn't be worried yet. :)

Can't wait to see her kid(s)! :celebrate

Latest posts