Pregnant maybe?

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I wanted to update anyone who's still interested lol . Yesterday Bertha had a constant small string hanging from her lady parts. Today I was out watching her and she keeps squatting like she is going to pee and thick streams of mucus comes out. There were a few pink streaks in it. Hopefully that's normal. Also her udder is pretty full now. I have a feeling we are really close. But this is my first time .
So who knows.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
She's trying to get the scent of her baby(ies) using the Jacobson organ in the roof of her mouth and talking to them. She should be very close. You could always insert a finger or two and see if she has started dilating. If she is dilated, you want to be feeling a nose and the tips of 2 front hooves pointed out like the kid is trying to "dive" out of mom. If you feel anything different from that, there may be complications/breech/backwards/ neck bent back/etc.

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
20181106_141011.jpg

It's thicker now and not as pink. I was just out there and forgot my phone . I have a baby sleeping in the house so I ran out there .

Latest posts