Pregnant maybe?

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Knew she was real close. Congrats on a live kid! :celebrate Sorry that you lost the one :hit I hope when you are able to, that you can look over the dead one and try to determine what happened. Won't bring it back but might be a lesson for next time... MIGHT, not saying it will. These things happen. Anyway, try to handle the kids as soon as you can. Fingers in mouth, ears, hooves, around butt and belly... just all over. Doing so now, the kid will learn that this is normal and will help later on.
The baby looked completely normal.
I think maybe because I wasn't out there to help clean it, it couldn't breath. It was still mostly in the sac but when I got out there and tried to help mom came at me anyways.

StarSpangledNubians

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Awwww! He/She is adorable!:love Are you going to be keeping him/her? Just make sure to do loads of socializing. I hear people a day that goats aren't friendly unless you bottle raise and that's just not true. It is important to socialize baby as much as you can in those first 4-8 weeks.

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Awwww! He/She is adorable!:love Are you going to be keeping him/her? Just make sure to do loads of socializing. I hear people a day that goats aren't friendly unless you bottle raise and that's just not true. It is important to socialize baby as much as you can in those first 4-8 weeks.

It's a boy so we won't be keeping him after he is weaned. I plan on cuddling with him after he has had a couple of days with mom.

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
IMG957440.jpg

Little guy is doing great!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
He sure is cute! If you plan to disbud him it's probably about that time... Boys develop buds faster than doelings...

Teresa R

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
A goat savy vet can do it or you can probably find a breeder in your area that can do it as well. Are you gonna try and keep him a buck?

We haven't decided if we are going to keep him or not yet, but if we do we will keep him a buck to one day breed with the new doe goats we get in the spring. We already have two young boer bucks so we are still deciding. Of course I already love the little guy and want to keep him