Pregnant pot belly got milk 25 hrs ago

Magon VanWagner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
There was a wet spot on her blanket right by her vulva. Whats the chance this is the fluid right b4 labor

Magon VanWagner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Mucus plug came out about 3 hours ago and contractions strated . She will lay down for a while haveing contractions then get up and nibble at her food then repeat. How much longer will it be

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mucus plug came out about 3 hours ago and contractions strated . She will lay down for a while haveing contractions then get up and nibble at her food then repeat. How much longer will it be
She may do this for a few hours. You will know she is really pushing when her tail is all the way to one side as in "make way for the babies". Its a really good indicator once she starts labor that the next baby is on its way. Good Luck and keep us posted!

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Have you seen any real hard pushing yet?

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any discharge from her vulva? Also from my observation my sow would lay down, do a few little pushes and then get up rearrange her nest and then lay down again. Then she layed down for about an hour got real quiet and then started pushing hard, first baby arrived around 15-20 minutes after this happened. You will know when she is really pushing, trust me.

Do you have all of your birthing supplies ready?

Magon VanWagner

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Green snot looking stuff around 4.5 hrs ago.. mucus plug i assume

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
ok. Just keep an eye on it and if she is really straining with no progress she may need help. Do you have the vet on call just in case?

@misfitmorgan raises PB so hopefully she can be more specific.