???? Pregnant Pygmy ????

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ligs are a definite sign for me. Does have been known to have them come and go so there's no guarantee but it's the only way to know for sure how often to check them. We check ligs at least every 12 hrs and usually any time someone makes an extra trip to the barn. I'm better at finding them than DH but I've practiced a lot on my Does that aren't bred, the ones that aren't due yet, and the one that I'm waiting to kid. My doe is usually super sweet and wants attention, as of today she's a lot more standoffish. I have a due date but she's still making me crazy! We also have a baby monitor in the barn that I can hear in the house so if she starts laboring, I'll know.

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I dont have any other goats, just monkey, I plan to expand in the spring. There are these pencil like bumpy things I think are the ligaments everyone is talking about. When she lays down everything including them are squishy, when she stands theres times I barely feel them then times, they are stronger. Ive done reading all through these few months and have been trying to feel for them. I know "if" these are what I am sposed to be feeling then they are a whole lot softer then they used to be.

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ligs are a definite sign for me. Does have been known to have them come and go so there's no guarantee but it's the only way to know for sure how often to check them. We check ligs at least every 12 hrs and usually any time someone makes an extra trip to the barn. I'm better at finding them than DH but I've practiced a lot on my Does that aren't bred, the ones that aren't due yet, and the one that I'm waiting to kid. My doe is usually super sweet and wants attention, as of today she's a lot more standoffish. I have a due date but she's still making me crazy! We also have a baby monitor in the barn that I can hear in the house so if she starts laboring, I'll know.

Oh My, Ima haveta get a monitor. Thatll save some of my sanity for my three teenage kids.. I just would like to know if Monkey will kid sooner than later. Shes been so uncomfortable these past few days, I worry. She doesnt go back to being my Monkey, she rests. Then is all uncomfortable. Seems to lay down more and more. Ima a worried mama.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some people do video baby monitors or security camera systems, etc. A lot depends on your budget. My youngest is two and we want to redesign our barn to be more functional for our goats so we aren't wiring anything yet and the baby monitor wasn't getting much use. ;)

Phelps Farm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
0125181201a.jpg IMG_20180129_190013.jpg IMG_20180223_122153.jpg IMG_20180304_132203.jpg
Lucky a day old is the first pic, the second is lucky and my cat sleeping the first night I brought Lucky in. The third pic is of the doe "Doll" and lucky outside in the pen, last pic is of Doll after getting disbudded.

I am sorry. I did start a new thread. Monkey deliver twin bucklings. The first was breech. (Thank you to everyone who wrote on this site for info that saved the lil bucks life) I helped him out gentley and got the stuff out of his mouth and he had inhailed liquid and was gasping for air, I did as I have red and I "roughed him up" until he screamed. As I was getting him to breathe monkey pushed out a healthy buckling whom I named Sunny. Two days later, monkey rejected both boys, butted "Lucky" the first baby born across the stall, so they came in with me, a friend of mine who also raises goats took Sunny and a month later gave me a baby girl.