prelabor in ff Nubian??? help

nstone630

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mine nested for weeks!! Sounds like the humming is something others have mentioned....like talking to her babies.

shaynagc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I
Mine nested for weeks!! Sounds like the humming is something others have mentioned....like talking to her babies.
Was just going to ask if anyone else's does nested for this long lol.. How long have yours nested 1, 2, 3 weeks??

shaynagc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone: Still no babies. I really can't believe she has acted this way for a week now... I don't know if I should start to worry or not...maybe I was estimating her due date wrong .. Idk.. Her udder seems slightly larger but still not firm or full. Her vulva has been pink and puffy for the last week. Still pawing, yawning, seeming uncomfortable, rubbing her sides on the walls. Little to no discharge, talking to her sides/babies, .. She doesn't seem to be in distress, but I can't help but think something is wrong

shaynagc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Not sure if it means anything but when she pees she holds the squatting position for another 10-15 secs after she is done..

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
She will push them out when she is ready. I know it's hard to watch & wait BUT -- that's how it is. As to a problem -- if she is down & pushing, THAT would be when you would normally have any problem, if there is one. Until then, she is not comfortable and I can relate!!! Last 4 days of my own pregnancy I wasn't either!!!!:rolleyes: Add to this the fact that this is the first time she has been through this process.

Also, when she is in full labor and pushing, you will see the kid go in & out at first, as it progresses thru the birth canal while she is contracting and pushing, that slick bag of kid will move with a push & a suction...don't panic, so long as it's progressing and she's pushing. Mother Nature does wonderful work, 99% of the time. I have had them pop out triplets in 15 minutes and twins that have taken 30. So, be aware that each has different progression. Most often you will see the head & two little feet -- the feet may not be together, maybe couple inches back from one another, often the tongue is hanging out of it's mouth. I have had a couple breach, all went well.....back feet or just a tail....best in this case if you have feet first BUT unless it is a HUGE kid, they normally push them on out fine. :hugs

Nesting, yes some decide to "pick a spot" a while out. Others, generally stand off a day or two from the herd. Depends on how they feel and their hormones act...often how many times they have done this, too.

shaynagc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
WP_20170212_003.jpg
is this amber discharge??

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unless you are wiping her touché, that isn't much of anything. Mine will have a string of "goo", generally with stray/hay clinging to it...several inches long. Plus all over the tail when it gets serious.

Looking a little long & puffed.

You realize after all this agonizing, you will walk out to dry, nursing kids one day......just say "hello & thank you Lord" :old

shaynagc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No I am not wiping her,this is the first sign of discharge I have seen, is it normal for it to be darker like this when they are not in labor? I am praying that she just pops them out and I can just walk out there and see those cute babies lol