Premier 4000s Shearing Machine

Alexz7272

True BYH Addict
Reaction score

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, I have no knowledge! But those who reviewed that product seem really happy on the whole. One thing I do remember from watching a bunch of YouTube videos on shearing alpacas was to frequently oil the cutter while shearing.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You're going to have a ball here in a couple of months... you'll be shearing and might as well plan on doing hooves as well, maybe get an alpaca straight jacket for them or something... maybe something where you can shackle each hoof down while shearing then let each go one at a time for hoof trimming... Man, you need to get someone to video you doing all this... :ep:lol::hide

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You know @Latestarter that 4 footed tie down idea is one I've already thought about!!! Not sure how I would manage to get a rope around each foot but the last one should be fairly easy ;)

Nose on the hood and SPREAD 'EM!

I did see a device for sale (way too many $$) that had a belly strap and tied the head 6 ways from Sunday. Of course a guy would have to be able to get a halter on the animal first.

Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You know @Latestarter that 4 footed tie down idea is one I've already thought about!!! Not sure how I would manage to get a rope around each foot but the last one should be fairly easy ;)

Nose on the hood and SPREAD 'EM!

I did see a device for sale (way too many $$) that had a belly strap and tied the head 6 ways from Sunday. Of course a guy would have to be able to get a halter on the animal first.
Tie downs are a TOTAL waist of time and money for sheep. By the time you tied one down , I could have three sheeps' hooves trimmed. All you have to do is twist their head against the sheep's shoulder that is away from you and roll the sheep over your knee to set them on their butt . They will stay there sitting on their butt until you have all 4 hooves trimmed.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
YEP!!! I can just see me trying to get an alpaca that likely outweighs me to roll over my knee and sit on it's butt. Maybe I need an alpaca size sheep chair :gig

Latest posts