Presto Electric Pressure Canner - anyone have one?

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Presto electric pressure canner? How do you like it? Does it keep the pressure accurately when you set it? Pros and Cons about it? I am interested in getting one but want to know a bit more about it.

I want to use it for veggies and meat and be able to set the temp/pressure and leave it without constant monitoring like a regular pressure canner requires.

Comments please?

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Presto electric pressure canner? How do you like it? Does it keep the pressure accurately when you set it? Pros and Cons about it? I am interested in getting one but want to know a bit more about it.

I want to use it for veggies and meat and be able to set the temp/pressure and leave it without constant monitoring like a regular pressure canner requires.

Comments please?
They were talking about this on the Sufficient Self forum. Let me see if I can find the link. It might be buried in their canning thread.

Edit: I found it, and it was buried in the canning thread. This link (hopefully) goes to page 362. They start talking about it at the bottom of page 361, but the meat of the info starts here.

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've got one. I LOVE IT. You can can anything in it since it's also a pressure canner. Load it up and walk away.
The downside would be the limit of how many jars you can get it in. Water bath or pressure it works like a dream, I've used both - jellies/jams/relishes pressure - soups, veggies, I know people who have also canned meat in them as well.

JessieJim

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I can't use my stovetop for canning so I purchased this canner. It's so easy to use my 5 year old is helping with canning. My second one is ordered because our harvest is too large to only have one canner going. The only issue I've encountered is the lid is not resistant to a 10 year old dropping it. Even after the great fall, it still works for waterbath, but not pressure canning as a piece broke when it came down. I would highly recommend this to anyone thinking about an electric canner.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If it is made by Presto, maybe you can order a replacement lid.

I am glad to hear that you like it. When we get our garden going after we move to TX I will be canning again. I am taking about 30 cases of jars, 2 pressure canners, 2 water bath canners, and miscellaneous lids, rings, funnels, etc. to TX on this trip. One water bath canner, some jars, and some canning equipment will stay here until our final move. I will buy one once I see how much canning I want to do. I already had a mini orchard planted this year, but it won't be bearing for a couple more years. There is a nice large garden plot next to the house. It is currently choked with weeds and overgrowth. We can pull everything out and burn it. The ashes will be good for the soil.