1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Baymule’s 4th Lambing. - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Preventing fleas?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Erin&G, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Jul 9, 2018
    Erin&G

Erin&G Just born

Hey everyone! My cat has fleas and I was wondering if that's going to be a problem for my rabbit. He lives outside in a h u ch and a run with a wore floor so the grass likes through. My cat spends a fair amount of time outside and does sometimes hang out around my rabbit's run, but they never interact directly. From what I've read it seems like advantage is really the only safe preventative flea medicine for rabbits. Should I be applying this regularly or just until my cat's fleas are gone? Do I need to use it at all or is it unlikely that the fleas will pass from my cat to my rabbit? Thanks!

2. Aug 11, 2018
    walkonfarms

walkonfarms Chillin' with the herd

Yes the rabbits can get the fleas from the cat. Need to use something like frontline plus. The plus is the control for hatching flea eggs. Without the plus you can get over run with fleas. I would use the advantage on the rabbit during the summer and early fall. If you use the plus on the cat this year all year long then next year you will not have to treat the rabbit.