BlueRoanPainted

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My Grandparents-in-law have a neighbor who has goats that get on their rental feilds all the time and eat their crops (pesticides and all) this neighbor has been warned and it's come down to her rehoming them or they are going to sue for damages, because she refuses to repair her fencing and keep them in. I was looking at buying 2 and she told me to make an offer, but I don't know what a pair price to ask would be. They are obviously not taken care of. Visually low on copper, haven't had their feet done ect and of the 8 she had 3 are females. If I don't take the 2 they will likely stay and end up getting bred as soon as they are old enough to their dad and goaty grandfather.... In all its a bad situation. What is a fair price to ask in this situation? I don't think she will accept me just wanting to take them for free and she doesn't seem to be a very reasonable person.

What pricing would you recommend I ask for these 2? Unfortunately I am not in a position to buy the whole herd!

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are they milk goats? Or just scrub goats?

If they have learned to run through fencing, they are likely to keep it up unless you invest in GOOD fence.

So, poorly managed scrub goats.... $50 each.

If you think they look meaty, maybe $100 each.

I think eating them is the best choice.