1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Let's start this week fun. Submit your Horse Humor - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with a female fainting goating

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iris, May 24, 2019.

1. May 24, 2019
    Iris

Iris Exploring the pasture

Help, I have a 4 year old female fainting goat who has never giving birth. Recently I noticed she has been scratching her back legs so today I took some warm water to wash her up alittle and found her whole underside is raw, red and very painful looking, I feel terrible for her but yet I have no idea why this happened. She has 2 tits (I call them) and they are red to. She gets plenty of minerals and I give her Red cell weekly plus sunflower seeds, hay and of course her grain. Her coat is nice a soft and her hair is not falling out, she does have a case of sour mouth which I'm letting it run it course. Does anyone have any idea of what is going on with her underside.

AmberLops likes this.