Profitability with raising, breeding, and milking Nigerian Dwarf goats?

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So, after talking about land with the owner, I got the permission to build and such, but now I need to get the money i'm planning on using towards the goats, and my parents and grandparents told me to find out how much profit can be earned since i'm going to take out a loan from an AG department.

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's hard to make much money without having a fair amount of well bred registered goats... Which are expensive to obtain.

@OneFineAcre and Goat Whisperer would be the first people I would want to hear from!

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
I didn't tag her because I know what she's doing and I didn't want to feel like I was bugging her. But it's not like the alerts track her down, lol.

Reactions: TAH

Finge

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yep, can't understand anything from the articles...

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
You might want to consider researching the regulations and the breed before jumping in with both feet! Nigerian's are great little goats and some of them are awesome little milkers. You could think about talking to some breeders in your area and getting an idea of what's involved in raising goats in general. There are a lot of things you should learn before expecting to make a profit raising/milking goats. Not trying to discourage you in anyway - just throwing some thing out there that you might want to think about. :)

Last edited:

NH homesteader

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK I'm very tired but... From what I just read quickly, in MO you can sell raw milk direct from your farm to an individual for their consumption. You cannot sell raw milk from elsewhere. Not sure where farmers markets fall.