Promise Acre: Our Journey

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sure don't blame ya for waiting til Aug to go to that part of the world.....:gig.....glad ya had a good time and enjoyed the scenic views. Did ya have to breakout the sweaters?....:)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sure don't blame ya for waiting til Aug to go to that part of the world.....:gig.....glad ya had a good time and enjoyed the scenic views. Did ya have to breakout the sweaters?....:)
Yes!! It was very cool, kids swam a bit but froze. Beautiful fall weather. My sis had her furnace going!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just like I thought....a good place to "Visit", but sure wouldn't wanna Live there.....:lol: :gig .....just couldn't help myself...just had to say it.....:)

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes!! It was very cool, kids swam a bit but froze. Beautiful fall weather. My sis had her furnace going!

It is not Fall.. :sick

The UP is probably more cold and running a furnace in August is not common. This year has been usually cold but least where i live day time temps have been in the 70-80s. We have not had any regular heat in the house since April.:plbb

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm just not ready for summer to be over.

ewww the nasty white stuff.

Latest i have seen snow here that i recall is Mothers Day, earliest is generally halloween. Other older folks say they have seen it snow in June but that was before i was alive as far as i know. I know the hottest day was when i was in high school and it was 108F straight temp. I also recall being snowed in for 3 days as a child.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember when we arrived in Maine in Aug, I was to enter 1st grade....we moved from Hawaii.....it was in the 70s and the locals were going swimming. We thought they were absolutely Nuts, as we were wearing sweaters and freezing. We were there for 2yrs and never did go swimming, we were glad to move to Mississippi after that.....:)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So DH met with the surgeon today. He's ok to hold of getting his hernia surgery until after harvest... unless he can't push it back in..:sick.then he'll need to go to the ER and either local surgeon can repair it. Minimum Two weeks off work... guess we'll surive again.
Jocelyn my 5 year old dd was diagnosed with asthma this week...there went $300 just in medications:duc but it helps her. We started school this week, she's in kindergartener and every day she wants more to do so she's already 2 days ahead. DS on the other hand took 12 hours on 7 assignments, it's all review and only is a 3rd grader:smack

But life is good and God provides. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hopefully the hernia won't become problematic for him before it can be rectified. Those inhalers and meds can sure get very expensive, no doubt.....I had to do without them while I was waiting for Medicare to "Kick-in", hopefully she will outgrow it, quite a few do after the anxiety of school subsides or as the body matures. When I was in the 3rd grade my focus wasn't on writing, geogragphy, history, or such either.....it was on Recess and the games we were going to play that day, or lunch and something to eat....that was what was Important at the time......I got my first experience with a paddle that year too....:)....the first time someone other than my parents spanked me, but got "Licks" all the way thru to graduation...:gig

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably handed you the diploma and gave you a whack as you left the podium :lol:

Is DS just not focusing on the task? Might need a bit more "hands on" refocusing and maybe planned breaks after every assignment is done. Maybe it would help if the tunnel with the light at the end is short.