Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably my own fault I knew the horses would strain our finances and then trying to get away occasionally just is difficult with ANY critters... and kiddos just don't seem to appreciate having their own critters unless Mom does 99.9% of the work. Frsnkly the entire family enjoys the camping trips...with or without the horses.
Right now things just feel too much, mentally, workload, and financially...we have hay to cut this year but no place to store it.... this to will pass

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
upload_2017-6-22_19-19-34.png

@Devonviolet and her DH bought a canvas garage from Harbor Freight to put their hay in. It worked real good for them. They anchored it to the ground and stacked hay on pallets.

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...pies/10-ft-x-17-ft-portable-garage-62860.html

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well 2 people can lift bales a little higher BUT -- as only one here's my tip. Back ones I can lift 4 high, then I begin h rows in front, making "steps" by different heights. when I get to 3 high, place fourth one on end, then tip it onto stack behind, for 5 high. In other words, make a ladder of front piles to tip them end on end to higher levels. You fill in as you go. Yep, criss cross for stability. The one end on another bale supports a portion of the weight for you & leverage is key.

A public service message from an OLD lady :old:lol: