Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gee have mine listed at $7/head no solid bites yet... everyone wants a cheaper price than that but not the entire flock. :he oh well guess they will go just in smaller groups. Culling/donating the young cockerels to a wildlife rescue tomorrow.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe they have their birds out on pasture and don't overwinter them so they have no idea how much they CAN eat ;)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well got a guy coming tomorrow, he wants all the chickens for my asking price... :fl
culled 10 of the young ones.... wasn't 100% on some but would rather not have someone mad bc I sold a rooster as a hen. The wildlife rescue was very grateful.
Jocelyn got some of the bunnies out to excercise while I cleaned cages. NCM_3595.JPG NCM_3602.JPG NCM_3597.JPG can't wait to clean out the coop.... get the other cages up. And my tack in one place.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad it worked out for ya...I know Jocelyn had a good time with the rabbits...looked like a nice day there. It was here, but rain and cold coming tomorrow....I'll be lighting the pilots on the wall heaters tomorrow. I know ya will be glad to get your tack and gear squared away so it'll be handy....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well got a guy coming tomorrow, he wants all the chickens for my asking price... :fl
culled 10 of the young ones.... wasn't 100% on some but would rather not have someone mad bc I sold a rooster as a hen. The wildlife rescue was very grateful.
Jocelyn got some of the bunnies out to excercise while I cleaned cages. View attachment 39669 View attachment 39670 View attachment 39671 can't wait to clean out the coop.... get the other cages up. And my tack in one place.
You mean the rabbit tack? ;)

How old were the ones you culled? You could offer a money returned and bird taken back guarantee if someone did happen to end up with a cockerel.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Gee have mine listed at $7/head no solid bites yet... everyone wants a cheaper price than that but not the entire flock. :he oh well guess they will go just in smaller groups. Culling/donating the young cockerels to a wildlife rescue tomorrow.
I wish that I could find them for that price here, and I would take all of them as a lot, accidental roosters and all because if they turn out to be roosters, well I have room in the freezer. :)

I'm thinking of going to the poultry sale that's coming up. It's a drive but may be worth the drive if the price is right.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well they are sold. I might have gotten 10/hen if I held out. But wanted to move them fast. Still amazed people wanted a better deal and leave me with more to sell. It was bitter sweet.
Now for clean up.... :D

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to make changes. Changes might be hard to make, but this sounds like a change for the better.