Promise Acre: Our Journey

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is a little late......BUT just read this & will share about flakey pie crust. A magazine says that "pro bakers" use 50/50 mix of COLD water & vodka for liquid. The vodka reduces the gluten formation and supposedly makes a huge difference.:idunno
This will keep it tender &, of course not too much liquid or handling. Just wanted to throw that info out there....

ALSO...Latestarter has a new pic of Mel in his avatar. Nice.

Congrats on selling the hens!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well bunnies are all moved into the coop! :thumbsup all cages except for 2 fit. Soooo nice to have them all in one place. And Duke & Richie each have their own stall in the lean to. :clap now to clean up the feed and tack room, previously the bunny and feed room.
It's bittersweet to not have a full chicken pen....& no eggs to gather... but a good thing to have a few less critters...

Been a good Halloween,kids have Tons of candy and DH helped carve pumpkins. His work
NCM_3621.JPG

mine
NCM_3620.JPG
NCM_3623.JPG
btw our dog Maizy loves pumpkin.... she chewed on the 2nd one... crazy dog:idunno

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Made it to a Rabbit show on Saturday. Mini rex each got a blue, Polish a red and white, and Velveteen lops BOB, BOS and a 2nd. Got some input on 2 jrs with short ears too.

Since I have a bit more room and no bites on Jocelyn's polish doe I bought black buck for her. And we found a very nice chocolate mini rex doe.
Love the time with Jocelyn. She's growing too fast and talking more all the time. Just ask her about her bunnies. :loveNCM_3642.JPGNCM_3646.JPG
NCM_3645.JPG NCM_3643.JPG

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like they did really Well....Congratulations!!
Maybe Jocelyn will follow in your footsteps....it is good to have something of interest that both of ya can share in together....they will be memories to sustain ya later in life...:)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Grats on a successful show! So I guess you really don't need a doe and a buck for your animal numbers to climb... ;):D Just go to a show and what do you know... more rabbits!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So new bunnies are settled in. Little Blackie is doing his best to get the Polish does bred. :fl

The coop is working well for the bunnies. Got the tack moved in. Nice to have a bit more space.

I have a pie to make. (My first order!) :duc & have an order of 3 for next week. Excited but somewhat nervous. :p
and I have a new recipe to try, sugar cream.... :drool which used to be my favorite though haven't had,found a recipe I have really liked.... so we will see.
And DH finally called and got his surgery apt set!.... you can cheer, my Bible study group did last night....:lol:

on a sad note our cat Callie is missing. She's been gone since Saturday... which is very abnormal. Hoping someone took her in rather than the alternatives... :( she's been a pretty good cat. So very much sucks, though she was DH'S...