Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still keeping busy. Had a good thanksgiving. Sold 3 pies for the holiday. Made 3 for us.
NCM_3797-1-1.jpg
Helped DH split 4 face cords of wood, hopefully will have more time this weekend before his surgery. But should have enough split to get us to January if we dont. It's nice to see the log pile reduce. Bunnies are doing well. Hoping for 2 litters this weekend. 1 Polish, 1 Velveteen lop. Then 2 velveteen lops and 1 polish in a couple more weeks. Need to get some time with my pony. But he's doing well and doesn't complain.
NCM_3798-1.JPG

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
That pie looks awesome. I have never mastered pie crust. What's your recipe?

received_10212212208633178.jpeg

I add 1/3 to 1/2 c of sugar.
And instead of lard I have used 1/2 c butter and 1 1/2c of shortening or lard. My preference is shortening I think. You can reduce it so you only make 2 crusts. Just do the water,vinegar, eggmix and add gradually until it just sticks together. I chill the "oils " but don't completely freeze the butter. Cut the butter up into small pieces and don't over mix it. And I chill after making it into doughball disc, each wrapped in wax paper. I roll out onto the paper also.
I brushed with an egg wash before baking.

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
View attachment 40702
I add 1/3 to 1/2 c of sugar.
And instead of lard I have used 1/2 c butter and 1 1/2c of shortening or lard. My preference is shortening I think. You can reduce it so you only make 2 crusts. Just do the water,vinegar, eggmix and add gradually until it just sticks together. I chill the "oils " but don't completely freeze the butter. Cut the butter up into small pieces and don't over mix it. And I chill after making it into doughball disc, each wrapped in wax paper. I roll out onto the paper also.
I brushed with an egg wash before baking.
I love the art on the bottom of that recipe!!!;):thumbsup:p

Latest posts