Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally caught up! I hope all works out with your new dream place. I know we went thru h*ll when we were trying to buy a place last year but finally got it all worked out and got the place...not the one we wanted at first but second choice.
Thanks! I remember your roller coaster ride! :)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got the insurance quote today, just to make sure we wouldn't have an issue if it was uninsurable. Good news it's insurable. Crazy thing is comparing their replacement prices to the appraisal numbers. The first appraisal put the house and 3 buildings at $45,000, the insurance says replacement would be $390,000!:duc NOW I KNOW they're looking at things from different views (apples and oranges ) and not quite the same thing. BUT WOW! :ep that definatly blows my mind. Still waiting on the bank, they'll be doing the new appraisal this week? Hoping to hear soon... so I can get the house all spiffy...
Sunday we cut down a bunch of popular & mulberry saplings (a few could have been called trees :rant) that were growing where they didn't need to be (like right next to the house, ect). It looks nicer in those areas. Josh and I have been sick... guess from the girls. I'm still trying to get ready for our final camping trip that we are planning for this weekend too, (with horses). Excited but hard to get it all done b/c don't forget I'm also getting bunnies ready to go on their big trip tomorrow...I think they are ready to go though. Just get the carriers and the feed all ready. sigh. I need a nap. SO Glad I talked him into buying a bit more hay rather than baling. I think one or both of us would have ended up in the hospital. Just bad colds but definatly feel it when we are active.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cancelled our camping trip as DH had to work..:rant he really needs a break. But went trail riding John and Jocelyn. Today is trick or treating at the state park. :D trees were lovely.
NCM_4593.JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry the camping trip had to be cancelled... Kinda explains that "smile" you've got going on there... :duc:hide Looks kinda gray and damp... Hope the ride was enjoyable at the least.