Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was a great day.
Velveteen lops were presented again and they got a pass for the new COD (certificate of development ) . :celebrateTwo more passes and they will be an approved breed. :plbb
Love the new COD shorter ears for SR'S and no minimum ear lengths for JR'S. :clap We had 1 homegrown VL doe that was shown and placed 1st place Broken SR doe. And getting two VL having brought from New Mexico. The buck was 3rd/10 broken jr buck and the doe was 2nd/20 solid SR doe ! :love

And on top of it all... our farm to be appraised this time around $15,000 MORE than the first appraisal. :D
:weee we might go horse camping this weekend. And so far we have 4 gallon buckets of Halloween candy... :rolleyes:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
And halloween isn't even here yet! Did you go out for early voting and early trick or treating? ;)
Yeah state park did theirs on Saturday and tonight was the community centers event at town park. Tomorrow we will do a trunk or treat at our church. Lots of games for the kids

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So this is our homegrown doe (Promise Acre Susan B Anthony)
NCM_4255.JPG
that not only place 1st but won Best of Opposite Sex Variety (She was in the TOP 4 at the show!!) :ep She is on her way to Alaska.... but I have several siblings yet...better ones. Megan the COD holder liked her a lot, she thought she would beat her solid doe for Best Opp Sex overall... but that's ok.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So more good news. The appraisal on our place was $36,000 higher than 2 years ago...:ep we have plenty of equity in the 2 properties! :weee
We did get to camp Friday night... by Friday morning our battery in the camper had died due to running the furnace... but we stayed for the CMO (won 1st place in the 5 plate) :clap Stayed afterwards took all the kids for a trail ride (only Jocelyn wanted to do the CMO so the other two went to friends) then a costume contest and supper. It is a good group of people. (sorry if you already saw the unicorn pic already... it's a favorite :love)
NCM_4629.JPG

45299612_10215975193426416_8886304785876123648_o.jpg

Attachments

• NCM_4593.JPG
    NCM_4593.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 63

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the unicorn picture. I love it that you, as a family, camp and ride your horses. You are giving your children a truly precious gift.

that is good news on the appraisal!
I truly feel blessed to be able to do all this. God has answered so many of my prayers in positive ways lately... and riding with my family is just one... definitely a dream come true. My mom took my sisters and I as teens... camping and trails... just is natural I share it with my kids. In fact DH went horse camping with my family when I was away at college..

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Insurance! -- YES, they base it on "today's" cost to build. I've told everyone, if you see smoke do NOT call FD for about an hour. Heck, I could put up mansion & have $$$ left!

OOOOhhhhh, trail rides were always a fav of mine. Family not involved but, I went with a group and we had such fun! Haven't had a riding horse of my own in over 20 yrs BUT -- still have my saddle!! :lol: Yep, ya never know when you may get another horse. I've seen some ads that were really tempting. But have friends with well broke horses that I can ride whenever...they feed and vet :) So a pretty good deal. I "may" own another to ride in the future. :idunno:old