Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
A couple of rough days with my SUPER strong willed 4 yr old son John...no it's not a phase he's been fighting authority since he was 18 mos. Sincerely hoping my 8 mo old daughter does not follow in his footsteps.

Hopper is fine, still wish I know what made the cat to bite her head...guess it thought "CHICKEN for supper". The cats have never been around chickens. I'm really thankful that so far the dogs are behaving them...1 bite from them would kill a hen very easily.

Can't wait for the sheep to be home, but got to get those chickens out of the livestock tank! DH is still working 12+hrs M-F and 4-5 on Sat so it makes it difficult. I did pick up the wood scraps yesterday and hope to get out there again during nap time.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well we are up to 2-3 eggs daily, and just the nest boxes and a few walls for my DH to finish the coop...
Can't wait til he says we can go get the sheep...am hoping next weekend. Of course this wind to day is not helping the projects.

here are the chickens now
July2012005.jpg

I'll try and post the coop in progress pics later...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
October2012003-5.jpg

1/2 this is their coop (other 1/2 will be our feed/tack area)

BTW I take them out most every day (weather dependent) to a 10 x 10 dog kennel....:)

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very Nice!!! Just one question... do you know about chicken math? I'm thinkin' if you get a start on it now you might have a place for your tack eventually. :lol: Chickens are like goats...."just one more" or "well, we could always use a few more hens."

somehow 10 turned to 22 then 45 then 75 now 200 -Chicken math...gotta love it!

I love the little awning over their in/out opening!

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very nice and that awning is cute...love the birdhouse too with matching yellow trim:)

Hope you get your sheep soon!!!!

Latest posts