Promise Acre: Our Journey

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know this has been going a lot slower than you want. I'm with Mini Horses on this, 2021 will be your move in year!

Get a drywall lift from Harbor Freight, it will be a great help!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Definitely agree about the drywall lift, it seems pricey, but it really beats having to lift the drywall and hold it in place by hand. Use the coupon when you buy it to save a little, and the value should hold just fine so you can get most of your money back if you sell it after the renovation is done. I got one and we used it many times, hubby was really happy with it.

Congratulations on your renovation progress! Happy new year!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I understand the "slowness" of getting into a new place. Mine is more due to my waiting on the floor sanding, and now just with my "slowness" with moving stuff and the knees.

You are doing such a good job on the plaster.... want to come and tear down 2 ceilings when you are done?????:th:idunno:lol::lol:, Pay is lousy but you can take home a freezer full of big fat cornish x chickens .....:fl:fl:fl:fl Got 2 upstairs bedrooms, 14x14 that need to have the ceilings taken down like yours.....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Believe it or not, there were 2 different guys that had will work for food signs here local, this past year......and neither was willing to do simple grunt work to help my son do clean up around some of the pasture fences.... that was "too hard work" for them to do. He was pretty P.O.ed when the one guy said oh, that is too much work, I figured that most people would just feel sorry for me and give me money.....SOOOOO let 'em go hungry. DS said he would have fed them, and given them some pay afterwards too.....

They don't mean it..... until people get REALLY TRULY HUNGRY, and then maybe they will be willing to actually try some physical work.
Yeah, my feelings are getting "harder and harder" and I am less and less sympathetic.... If I can do stuff, and try to do stuff, with my knees, at my age, then these younger useless men can just go hungry.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Believe it or not, there were 2 different guys that had will work for food signs here local, this past year......and neither was willing to do simple grunt work to help my son do clean up around some of the pasture fences.... that was "too hard work" for them to do. He was pretty P.O.ed when the one guy said oh, that is too much work, I figured that most people would just feel sorry for me and give me money.....SOOOOO let 'em go hungry. DS said he would have fed them, and given them some pay afterwards too.....

They don't mean it..... until people get REALLY TRULY HUNGRY, and then maybe they will be willing to actually try some physical work.
Yeah, my feelings are getting "harder and harder" and I am less and less sympathetic.... If I can do stuff, and try to do stuff, with my knees, at my age, then these younger useless men can just go hungry.
Pretty sure most people out there with their hands out are there because they think it's an improvement over actually working.... :he

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score

Pretty sure those "will work for food" sign holders are banking on the fact that most people don't actually want the hassle of bringing someone home to work for them, when it's a lot easier to just give them cash. Then they can also feel good about themselves for "helping" someone.