Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Said goodbye to Jin and Shanarae. Jin went back to my Mom's. Shanarae went to be a companion pony to a 20 yr old pony. Sad to see Shanarae go but she didn't have any job here.:( Real nice couple will spoil her the rest of her days. :celebrate
NCM_2054.JPG
Was relieved to see Jin go. :wootNow if my kids sneak into the pens I know the horses we have are gentle... and yes accidents happen but I do trust my horses now. :) it's a good feeling.
Here's our new rooster. Big Ben Dash.
NCM_2084.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad it worked out for Jinn and Shanarae. Your rooster is pretty! What kind is he?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow its been a while.... Started on taking my flowerbeds back from the weeds.... Have had 1 litter of bunnies born. They are doing well. They are 5 days old today. None others... :idunno2 due now, 3 due early next week. :fl

Frustrated I haven't been able to ride... it's wearing on me... been having more anxiety about it.... really need to get in the saddle. Not sure why I am having such issues. Both boys though not perfect are good horses.... ugh! May have to figure a way to get some training, instruction. Stupid to be anxious...at one time I rode 3,4 days a week, 4,5 different horses. Of course that was a good 16 years ago. I love riding, love trail riding. Now I have good trail horses and I feel as if I might hyperventilate just thinking of riding. :he
DH is doing ok. Cardiologist changed his meds, but he's still having racing, fluttery heart episodes. He sees a pulmonologist in a few weeks, one that's a big guy at a teaching hospital 2 and 1/2 hours away. Praying for answers and relief.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
One is always "Amazed" at just what they "Use" to could "Do", some yrs back....but, "That" was before those "X" number of yrs of "Life" happened and totally changed one's "Priorities"....:)
The larger the "X" number is, the more "Stuff" that has "Happened".
It will be so much more Enjoyable for ya when things just "Fall" into place, and ya get to "Savour the Feeling" of riding, kinda like a horse with a bit of "Spirit".
Hoping right along with ya for "Answers" for ya both and the family as well...:hugs

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Amazing. How things work out. But have gal coming to work the horses. She's only a few miles away and not charging enough but I can afford it.... :celebrate I got her name and number a couple of days ago. We chatted then she came on over. Rode both... will even take them up to the state park. God is good.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
We did get 1 litter of bunnies this week. Jocelyn's polish had 5 on Thursday! Lost 1.
NCM_2263.JPG

Whitney has rode Duke twice so far, he behaves for 15 minutes then gets fussy. So have been tying both big boys apart, daily for several hours.... and she is planning on taking him to the state park tomorrow. We had time so got Richie rode myself.... he is such a good boy! Kids rode too. John wanted to ride by himself. We were in a small pen so I got brave and let him.
NCM_2281.JPG
John definitely enjoyed being in control. :) Even with some grass Richie behaved, was worried he would just try and eat. :lovewe love our Richie.
And we put my horse trailer back together, had removed saddle rack and dividers as DH was using it for his pulling garden tractors. So hoping sooner than later I will be getting out on the trails!!! :celebrate

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
See how wonderful things are when it all works out for ya? Glad ya had an Enjoyable day....and was able to Share it with those ya Love so dearly....:)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
See how wonderful things are when it all works out for ya? Glad ya had an Enjoyable day....and was able to Share it with those ya Love so dearly....:)
Yes. Even though I know I am worrying over nothing I still worry.... seems to get worse as I age...:oops: silly silly me. I started using lavender essential oils, hoping they help. Can't tell yet. With riding I just need to do it. And keep it up! Hoping John and I can start working with his pony, Rayne this week. She's always been leadline so he wants her to ride independently, which would be absolutely wonderful.... she's only 38" so I can't really get on her....
Got Duke loaded up in Whitneys 2 horse trailer ( wasn't sure he has been in one) :fl she can get him to relax on the trails.
Got an update on Shana, she is doing great!!!

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went trail riding this morning!!!!!! :weee 1 hiccup with the Trailer, but DH fixed it before I left. :love and i did everything myself. Loaded both boys (Whitney met us there) & hauled to the park. It's about 15 minutes away.
Richie did great!
NCM_2351.JPG
:love and very little anxiety on my part.