Promise Acre: Our Journey

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like ya had a good time....at least that's what it used to mean when the kids are plum tuckered out....:)
Looks like ya had some really good trails to hike too. I used to could do those things about 20-30yrs ago...too old now :old

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
@CntryBoy777 yes excellent trails at Turkey Run. Lots of gullies, rock, waterfalls. Love it.

Up EARLY this morning for no reason.... other than my hips are still aching and getting excited (ALREADY:confused:) about our next camping trip. ... this time with the horses! :woot
Whitney took Duke out to the trails yesterday, had a very good ride! He finally seems to be chilling back to the horse I brought home! Taking him again on Friday, I am taking Richie and hopefully Cookies. But no kids, just wanting a good trial run. Still need to get DH on a horse but not the end of the world if it's not until the trip. :rolleyes:
2 bunny litters due tomorrow, both does have been prepping! :weee
need to finish planting the garden....get up in the attic for our horse supplies.... never ending. But absolutely loving having riding horses.... I think it was only a short while ago DH told kids no riding horses:gignow we have 3..... :p
picture is Chocolate Chip Cookies :love
NCM_2467.JPG

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been a busy but good week.
Went on another trail ride, adults only again, trying to get some goid rides on before our horse camping trip in. Duke did pretty good, still jigs but not the entire ride. o_O I rode him some. Got rained on, he didn't appreciate the thunder but behaved. Richie is still my absolute favorite :love. Cookies did ok but he too needs some more rides.
NCM_2491.JPG
oh and 2 velveteen lop litters born in the past 24! Elsa had 7, Xara had 9. Lots of variety! :weee

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad y'all are having a Great time up that way....while we suffocate with this heat and humidity....and fence stretching down here.....:)
Congratulations on the Kits!!....:thumbsup

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting ready for our horse camping trip... :fl hoping it goes well and not much rain. We are going local, a 15 minute drive. Drove over to check out the campsite out yesterday.

Bunnies are doing well. Did lose one of Xara's,a peanut so expected it.

Found a new property I REALLY want to go see. It's a fixer upper, 5 acres, with a big bank barn:lovestill haven't convinced DH.... we would prefer more acres BUT it is priced right and has everything else we want. From the GIS map maybe we could talk the farmer into selling or leasing a few more... as about 3 more acres behind it looks untillable. It would need to qualify for a renovation loan but is a possibility. Trying not to obsess. :duc but it's on a quiet road, within reasonable driving distance for DH's work, very few neighbors.... and that BARN! Should at least go see it!!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Trying not to obsess. :duc .... and that BARN! Should at least go see it!!!

Ummm if you're already trying NOT to obsess just from an ad, I wouldn't even want to be around after you've actually visited and seen it... Barn envy is a terrible thing :duc:hide

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still dreaming... but can't convince DH to see it so far... drove by it... definitely many pluses...
13680_Public.jpg

Getting the garden planted... had an interesting afternoon though. DS John decided to fling a trowel into his foot... :ep so he got his first stitches.... 3 days before our camping trip :duc he will be ok though. Think he learned his lesson, I hope!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh the scrapes, bumps, bruises, and stitches of childhood...it has been many yrs, but when ya think about them, it is almost as if it were just the other day. The place looks really nice....hope the camping goes well....and, if they won't include the land as a part of sale, then perhaps they would be willing to lease it to ya. Then it wouldn't be included in the original loan, and could be a purchase after they see what ya do with it.

Latest posts