Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
71109673_10218233253076496_8467826936607932416_n.jpg
@Baymule you're right we started about 1 and finished at dark... actually left the wagons out and we'll get it put up this afternoon. I figured we'd be baling the last half of the fields this afternoon but a friend was able to come out and between him and Josh they can pound the bales out. I'll be paying him in pies. I was good on my estimate 233 bales. I did bale around 80 bales... it's most definitely not a talent I possess :\ but I'd be willing to try on a less curvy field with less holes.... At the very least I think I can move that Allis around now...as long as I'm allowed to go slow.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did bale around 80 bales... it's most definitely not a talent I possess :\ but I'd be willing to try on a less curvy field with less holes.... At the very least I think I can move that Allis around now...as long as I'm allowed to go slow.
Skills are learned and improved with practice! Though less holes would be an improvement and make the job easier for anyone.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the hay. :celebrate And yes, stacking hay like that is a real "family" endeavor. It takes cooperation from family and/or help to get it done. We no longer do it like that because there is no one to help stack and we use the baler with the kicker so my son can do it by himself. He does stop and stack the bales every 15-25 bales, as they hold their shape better if they are stacked. Plus we can get about 25 or more, more on a wagon if they are stacked. I used to ride the wagon and stack like that for years. If my ankle gets fixed, and I am more stable on my feet, I may be able to go back to stacking on the wagon when the baler kicks the bale on.:idunno:idunno It is good exercise, and if it is not too hot, it is not the worst job. Sure, he can come back and help me catch up, but maybe I could make it go a little faster. :hu I miss it because it was such good exercise. It would be good to be able to do a little more, and I really did enjoy it. I also don't like to drive the tractor and baler with my son on the wagon....too much criticism on "how I am baling down the rows, ":duc and I am hitting the holes etc and so on.... Men are all alike on that it seems, whether they are fathers, brothers sons, husbands.....:hide

Latest posts