Promise Acre: Our Journey

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
No raw eggs in the recipe? Meaning you can SELL eggs but you can't make anything WITH your home "raised" eggs in them? Or are there things that aren't cooked made with raw eggs and that is what you can't sell??

o_O

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So... we have had very little luck with getting the rabbits to settle. So currently all 6 does are bred. Due in 14 to 31 days.... my luck is we will have 40 or 50 bunnies in a few weeks. :idunnoor... none. But no numbers in between of that I am sure, :lol:
Today we went and got the rest of our hay from our friend's barn, they were generously storing it for us. I talked Josh into letting me drive the trailer.... he prefers to do it alll but I need to step up. Josh had a rough day. Though he's doing ok currently. Such a stubborn stubborn man. :rolleyes: he sees his cardiologist on Wednesday...with all his tests he has met his deductible.... :hide am not sure what to think. Trying not to worry. He told our son he might become a salesman someday. First sign he is accepting he isn't what he was.... he has been a agriculture mechanic for 16 years. It's very physical but he did recently get a raise despite his health. Not everyone did. :woot we need to get the brakes working better on my horse trailer... it's always something. Oh well, have rambled on enough I think.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is so hard for men to accept that they aren't 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Good luck on convincing him to take it a little easier.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was around 40 when I had to give up unloading/loading trucks for a living. I had a career change and started driving a truck. I had my first heart attack at 47. I had physical jobs all my life, so I felt that I was in fairly good shape, but after laying on my back for 5 days in ICU, a whole different reality became very apparent. It is much better to find out before an attack, than after one....believe me.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Josh saw his cardiologist Wednesday, at this time his problems aren't life threatening. She changed his meds. Do hopefully it will help. Nothing set but probably needs to get a pulmonologist involved. :fl we can find one that's sane.... I
anyways a big relief. I suppose someday there will be more reccomendations but thankful it's not now.
Our brown leghorn rooster died Monday... I asked around now we have a lavender orpington. Will get some pictures. He's a very handsome guy. :celebrategot my incubator up and going and have some eggs collected as I really wanted some more leghorn crosses... :fl haven't incubated any for a couple of years. So I hope it still works....
no bunnies due until next week
horses are well. Jin is leaving sunday. And actually so is Shanarae our 26 year old mini. Found her a home as a companion. Hopefully it works out

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure glad it isn't something "Pressing", and the change does him better. Sorry bout the Roo, glad ya found another, and hope the incubation rewards ya with your Requests...:)

Latest posts