Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy day 27B6D8DF-764A-4CB2-8BA9-C05438F73153.jpeg9A873F8D-E00A-4B96-8993-9F453873D23B.jpeg

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
We'll Mom made arrangements and will be renting her trailer come May 1 (she'll buy it once her other place closes May 14). She had one mare picked up last Saturday. And I put up an ad for the other two she's not keeping... she finally lowered the price... otherwise they'll go to a local auction. As Josh says I just need to let it go. :hide Still a bunch of stuff to go get and our 2nd busiest month to do it.... :tongue but some other family members seem to want to help. we'll see though. I spent a few hours cleaning, filling the dumpster Saturday while the kids explored. DH was moving his tools to his new to him crane truck:yesss: they had taken away his crane truck after his accident... and finally are seeing the benefit of him being on the road with it full time... so glad he has a crane again. Makes his job much easier. While out at the farm I saw that there was water coming up around the well head...not sure what was going on but figured out how to turn off the pump so now no water at the farm... guess it's good Mom has the trailer to live in.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hmmm, water coming out of the well head ONLY when the pump was running? Sounds like maybe a break in the pipe. Hope that won't be too expensive to fix.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got another load of stuff from Mom's Saturday... it's sitting in my horse trailer at this time... planning on going up Friday for 2 hopefully quick trips... to move her old car that doesn't run, a old shavings trailer, and rv... all of which haven't been moved for years... hopefully it goes ok. Then Saturday her household furniture can be moved to her house trailer. It's a good thing it's available with all the issues the farmhouse has... We did look in our woods for some morels... but nothing. The trees are getting leaves so we can tell now what they are. Some hickory, walnut, oak, maple and cottonwoods.
I had training for an online job... but didn't pass so that's one less thing... kids ball season is in full swing and am helping with my daughter's team.... but things are going ok, just busy. the pastures are doing well and hope to start grazing the horses next week. Will take about 2 weeks for them to get on for many hours. Mom's horses have lice.. so they'll stay there for a bit longer. She can leave them at the barns for 30 days past closing... has a friend who can feed them daily. Still looking for homes for 2... otherwise it's auction time.
Get Mom moved and I'm going RIDING again... of course most of the organized days to ride with the local groups are days with ball games.... oh well. we enjoy that too.