1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Let's start this week fun. Submit your Horse Humor - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Promise Acre: Summer days

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by promiseacres, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

I think it is a bit less wild than it was 150 years ago.

SA Farm, Rammy and CntryBoy777 like this.
  2. Apr 10, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

@Bruce we will be fencing for that reason... but in my opinions a couple fence lines are better than one... particularly if we decide to free range any poultry or waterfowl.

3. Apr 16, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

4. Apr 16, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

When momma is Happy....the whole family is Happy.....:)

5. Apr 17, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

We have 30 days for Mom to be moved! :duc

SA Farm and CntryBoy777 like this.
  6. Apr 17, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

I can attest that they do pass rather Quickly, too!!....sure glad to hear the "obstacle" is being removed....so that ya can move forward.....:)....gives ya something to "ponder" while ya are Riding....;)

B&B Happy goats and promiseacres like this.
  7. Apr 22, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

We'll Mom made arrangements and will be renting her trailer come May 1 (she'll buy it once her other place closes May 14). She had one mare picked up last Saturday. And I put up an ad for the other two she's not keeping... she finally lowered the price... otherwise they'll go to a local auction. As Josh says I just need to let it go. :hide Still a bunch of stuff to go get and our 2nd busiest month to do it.... :tongue but some other family members seem to want to help. we'll see though. I spent a few hours cleaning, filling the dumpster Saturday while the kids explored. DH was moving his tools to his new to him crane truck:yesss: they had taken away his crane truck after his accident... and finally are seeing the benefit of him being on the road with it full time... so glad he has a crane again. Makes his job much easier. While out at the farm I saw that there was water coming up around the well head...not sure what was going on but figured out how to turn off the pump so now no water at the farm... guess it's good Mom has the trailer to live in.

8. Apr 22, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Hmmm, water coming out of the well head ONLY when the pump was running? Sounds like maybe a break in the pipe. Hope that won't be too expensive to fix.

CntryBoy777 and SA Farm like this.
  9. Apr 30, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Got another load of stuff from Mom's Saturday... it's sitting in my horse trailer at this time... planning on going up Friday for 2 hopefully quick trips... to move her old car that doesn't run, a old shavings trailer, and rv... all of which haven't been moved for years... hopefully it goes ok. Then Saturday her household furniture can be moved to her house trailer. It's a good thing it's available with all the issues the farmhouse has... We did look in our woods for some morels... but nothing. The trees are getting leaves so we can tell now what they are. Some hickory, walnut, oak, maple and cottonwoods.
    I had training for an online job... but didn't pass so that's one less thing... kids ball season is in full swing and am helping with my daughter's team.... but things are going ok, just busy. the pastures are doing well and hope to start grazing the horses next week. Will take about 2 weeks for them to get on for many hours. Mom's horses have lice.. so they'll stay there for a bit longer. She can leave them at the barns for 30 days past closing... has a friend who can feed them daily. Still looking for homes for 2... otherwise it's auction time.
    Get Mom moved and I'm going RIDING again... of course most of the organized days to ride with the local groups are days with ball games.... oh well. we enjoy that too.

10. May 5, 2019
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Got all the trips done. A few hiccups but nothing too major.
    555701DD-4653-453B-AB37-A15AF4CBDE27.jpeg Today got everything mowed.... while picking up sticks and trash my kids found some treasures :ep 7EAC686B-DBB5-4E3D-852E-D72F2A808C17.jpeg E503CF11-ABF9-4732-B4FA-09627D5640A5.jpeg
    then we had supper on the front deck. Scouted the woods again ticks are terrible. :hide