Promise Acre: Our Journey

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Corn shocks and haystacks were how it USED to be done. :) Very labor intensive but, sure worked. I never actually made or watched a haystack being made but sure saw evidence of the eating. A horse drawn cutter was a huge plus for those swinging a scythe. Grandad used to borrow his brother's mare to plow. Nellie and I had some snuggle time when they took a break. :D =D

I have some plans that I downloaded for a hand pressed baler. My son says he'll make me one -- only if he can sit and watch me use it. :D

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
About 15 years ago we made hay stacks, stored in a big barn. Sometimes you do what you need to do. :D =D anyways not worrying about the hay right now.
Mom's offer was countered on the property...they want the lp in the tanks paid for....o_O she made a full price offer.... not sure what to think. Seems ridiculous, they have had it on the market for 10 days, and no other offers just yet. Guess they feel as if they have the advantage. :confused:

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
A link to a Liveleak video from the early 20th century showing how a horsedrawn sicklemower, horsedrawn dump rake and early horsedrawn tedder was used.
Unfortunately, BYH's software will not allow just a link to the site to be posted by text only. It 'insists' on enclosing the link in media tags and the video won't play embedded in a post.

I will try again using a different method.

Last edited:

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
here you go Jan..this is the one I used in the 1960s. It's now yard art in my front yard.
sicklemower.jpg