Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been trying to sell, rehome Padame' & Winnie for awhile. And in the meantime since we don' have the chickens the outside coop is full of weeds. It's well built, double wire at the bottom...debating on seeing if the 2 does would like to start hanging out there.... there would be plenty of room and maybe they could chomp on the weeds.... definitely going to need cage space soon. Was going to go to a show tomorrow but DH says we have too much going on... idk..probably do.

Did get a few tomato and pepper plants planted. We planted onions and beans yesterday. Corn today. May add some pumpkins but that's about it for the garden this year.
Going to be making hay next week. A friend of a friend has 20 acres...:ep hoping we can handle it. One more week of ball. And 4h is in full force..vbs is next week. I need another vacation... which we are camping again Father's day.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still busy... tonight will be my kid's last bb game.... I was a butt and we left practice early last night..just ridiculous when all they do is run bases....:he and they are teaching 5 kids at a time to field...how does that teach 9 kids to work together????? Found out last night there us a tournament...our game is Monday... again:smack unfortunately my kids won't be there. DH is out of town and I get to run a ag tractor practice...had I found out for sure about the tournament we could have changed this practice. But not now... ugh...
Monday DH cut 10 acres of very light hay...had some light showers come through so the rest of the 20+ acres will have to wait.
NCM_0246-1.JPG

Got a bunch of online junk to do for 4h...not sure the purpose...but hoping to make some cookies too. We will see if I getter done
Did get Xara rebred yesterday. Would really like to get Sweetie rebred too... but really super full on cages..:idunno need to get some bunnies sold. Winnie and Pad are getting kicked outside permanently today. They don' seem to mind the freedom. NCM_0250.JPG or company.
And just because I am super happy with our horse feed a picture of our shiney healthy horses.
NCM_0253.JPG

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Garden is planted, and half way mulched.
We went camping in Illinois, Starved Rock SP last weekend for Father's day. it was fun. Some neat hiking, canyons, and waterfalls along the Illinois river. Now we are waiting for a break in the storms coming thru so we can make more hay. 4H project judging starts Sat. so working on gettng the projects done. Ag Tractor has been going well, started on making the course. And today I added 10 bunnies to my sales album... might try to get to a show Saturday. it's been HOT.. so the storms are bringing some cooler temps.

Latest posts