Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally getting on here to update the thread. We got 400 bales of hay put up from the first cuttings on the cow pastures. We've been spending time in the garden almost daily to weed. Have harvested lettuce, kale and spinach. And a couple of bell peppers. Kid's have sneaked a few peas.
IMG_3390.JPG
Got another trail ride in, took Jocelyn this time (still waiting on my trailer to get it's floor) but a friend had room for 2 horses. Daisy tried to roll with Jocelyn so she ended up on Richie.
IMG_3360.JPG

Father's day weekend we went to our local state park for some relaxing and camping. Had a good time. IMG_3422.JPG
It's a cooler day so I am going to get some bunnies tattoed and maybe we'll work on those videos again. Not very happy with the ones so far. Just isn't the same.
Now we're trying to get ready for our fair, that's still scheduled to go on at this moment, though I have to take videos and photos of the rabbits and projects, just in case...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, the garden does look good. Glad that you had a nice fathers day weekend camping and that you have been able to do some trail riding. So far the fair in the county north of us is still scheduled... but I understand that the WVa state fair has been canceled. Va state fair is in late Sept/early Oct so don't know about that yet. I feel for all the kids and the animal projects...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Did you look at the pony for your daughter? I'm guessing you didn't buy it since you would have probably shown us a picture...
I didn't take any photos. It was super hot and we went home to think on it. I was able to chat with a prior owner and told the current owner yes later that night. He needs some time but was calm and behaved well on the ground for Jocelyn. I rode him for a few and he was ok, he was buddy sour and not used to much as has sat for 4 years but I can work him. He's a lightweight pony at 625 but carried me ok. Also he does a shuffle not a trot and talked to a few 4H friends concerning that as we really don't have any gaited classes for 4H. I offered her 400 vs the 500 she was asking as he needs his teeth floated and she accepted it. DH made a temporary fix on the trailer. So tomorrow we'll pick him up. I will get photos then.

Latest posts