Promise Acre: Our Journey

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
rainbow8.28.20.jpg
:bunny rainbow from last Friday, got 1 1/2 in of rain at our place, only 3/8 at the farm...:\
richieselfie.jpg
Worked Richie this morning in the roundpen (I LOVE having that thing!) He's such a sweetie. He's very fearful of people approaching him with any sticks/clubs... but I decided to I wanted to measure him... I joined up with him and took a bit but convinced him stand without being tied or held for me to figure out how to measure him. He's right at 14h if you wanted to know. :D =D He was off again last week... I slacked on treating his hooves but he looked good today. I am praying we can get this beat, he's my heart horse, I really don't like riding any of the others.
doesP0N2.jpg
Some of our velveteen lops 7 weeks old, such cuties... I REALLY NEED to cut back. we have 46?(I need to check with Jocelyn as she keeps track) and 8 yes 8 horses... no wonder I feel overwhelmed 99% of the time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've never had 8 horses, think my highest number was 4 horses and 1 mule. Ya' got me beat. But I once had over 300 rabbits, a trio of pheasants and a whole bunch of quail whose numbers rose with the successful hatch in the incubator and the numbers that fell because I ate them. Yes, we can go overboard sometimes, but it's ok, we are nuts, and we like ourselves that way.

Hang in there Ritchie, you are in good hands.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just had a thought it's 6 ponies and 2 horses, if you go by their heights...surely that's better. :p

Kid's had their lessons this morning. Kinzey finally felt brave enough to ride pretty much the whole time (she's riding under my supervision, no actual "lesson" with Kassi) without anyone near her! :weee
kinzeyrayne.jpg
This is super exciting to this mama!
Jcoelyn worked Rayne trotting and then rode Lightning. He DID great! moved out nicely (JUST walking) but they worked in the small pen we use as an arena. Quite a bit bigger than the round pen. He was very relaxed.
jocelynlightning.jpg

John worked more on his cantering,,, he worked hard. Has issues turning Daisy in the arena... he's been spoiled using the roundpen.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love seeing your kids riding. You are a fantastic Mom. I loved horses from the time I knew what they were, wish I could have had a Mom like you! LOL Your kids are Blessed to have you for their Mom, involved with their education and activities. :clap

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love seeing your kids riding. You are a fantastic Mom. I loved horses from the time I knew what they were, wish I could have had a Mom like you! LOL Your kids are Blessed to have you for their Mom, involved with their education and activities. :clap
Me too.... my mom bought us yearling appy when I was 11.... she dumped us and bit and was a bit of a cow even into her teens.... Mom tried but made horses a priority when her time and safe home would have been lovely.
I am very blessed DH may not ride much but he makes it all possible by working and baling our hay. God has answered many prayers, watching my kids learn, whether it's class work or with the horses is a very satisfying career. Some days I wish I got a paycheck but really think it's overrated.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
God has answered many prayers, watching my kids learn, whether it's class work or with the horses is a very satisfying career. Some days I wish I got a paycheck but really think it's overrated.

I love this. And it's so true. Every moment you spend with your kids is deposited into a treasury that may be unseen, but it's accumulating riches that mere money cannot begin to compare with.

Very happy to hear of Kinzeys growing confidence! And Jocelyn and John's successes also. It's sweet to see their growth.

My husband doesn't give a fig about horses, but does so much for me to have them because he knows it's my involuntary passion, so to speak, haha.
I get what a blessing husbands like ours are.

I hope Richies feet improve. Does he go alright in his boots?