Promise Acre: Our Journey

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
ponies tend to have a lot more attitude.

🤔 ...hmmm...personality challenges, yes......😁

It isn't usually the pony -- many times it is what they were initially handled & trained, or allowed to be subjected to. Buying one and not teaching the kids to play fair can create issues. Just as an undisciplined child can create havoc.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure our ponies are all the sweetest. Kids catch and handle all but the morgan (he is one of the horses) and mom's quarter pony whom were both well spoiled before I got them, and I don't have time to do much but feed. Regular good handling makes a huge difference on attitudes. But yes ponies can be treated like chihuahuas and become quite nasty.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought a pony for Kid#1 when he was 4. She was the sweetest and best pony ever.

Like you said PA, regular, good handling keeps them accountable. Ponies are smart!
But yes ponies can be treated like chihuahuas and become quite nasty.

The same is true for horses. A friend of mine is retraining a Freisian mare that was treated like a lap dog and is very disrespectful, pushy, and domineering.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been a busy week. We took a 4 day weekend to work on the house over the holiday. Got supplies to work on the Chimney but it was too windy to start. So we worked in the pole barn and made racks for the ladders and tools.
118916157_753127198818267_7380448109616575827_n.jpg

Then on Monday worked on more plaster.
IMG_4141.JPG
IMG_4140.JPG
Just down to 2 rooms and 1 ceiling and the the stairwells and we'll be done with plaster upstairs. DH got DS all excited about possibly making his room in the attic, the area above the kitchen is very open and "could" be finished.... sounds like a cool room for a boy BUT... not sure it's necessary. I can imagine fighting him about taking his stuff all the way to his room. We'll see.
And we got a test hole dug for (friend's backhoe) for the pond. :bunny
IMG_4132.JPG
IMG_4133.JPGWater is lower than normal but still holding in the hole. looks like a good site.
We didn't have riding lessons but Thursday we worked the ponies, I even rode. Kinzey is doing really well even rode bareback one day. SOON I'll time to take my girls out the trails. Lighting is doing great also. The equine dentist finally was able to come this way so his teeth will get done Wednesday.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
johncake.jpg
John turned 12! had the party in the pole barn at the farm. worked well.
Yesterday we did more work on the rooms upstairs.
house.jpg
And doing the ceilings is nasty... John got most of the walls finished in the last "bedroom" upstairs while I worked on the ceiling in what will be the laundry.
working.jpg
Now I REALLY need to get the 12 gallons of tomatoes made into sauce.