Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
They are gorgeous! That agouti gene is STRONG. Once it is there, it is there. And I had opals, REWs, oranges and blues for generations without a chestnut and then BAM. I got a litter of all chestnut from two dilute parents. I LOVE the blue colors!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You have beautiful rabbits. Are velveteen lops fur like rex fur? They are so pretty.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are a lot of new breeds since I raised rabbits 40 years ago, LOL. I raised Satins and especially loved the Siamese Satin. Your Siamese Velveteen Lop is just drop dead gorgeous! :love

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
There are a lot of new breeds since I raised rabbits 40 years ago, LOL. I raised Satins and especially loved the Siamese Satin. Your Siamese Velveteen Lop is just drop dead gorgeous! :love
they are a work in progress but thank you.

firedragon1982

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score

My mother and brother ALSO raised/showed Satins in the 80s! They were very big into the red satins. Brokens were just starting to come onto the scene, I was about 6 when they sold out. I remember a couple of REWs, and they also had a couple of Californians, but in recent talks with my mom she hated them because they were mean as all get out. She said they made the best tasting stew...

Also, my children are trying to talk me into lops as well as Rex... I've said no because we don't have the room until we get our garage built... But they're sooo cute! Then again all babies are cute...

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Twilight's kits are doing great we have 2 does, 4 bucks... I believe. Usually by 4 weeks they are big enough to definitely sex them.
Rebreed Xara and Holly, both to George. Have sold George and 4 others to a gal in Oklahoma. They should be leaving in 2 weeks. Padame appears bred this time around:fl. Not sure on Celestia and doubt that Elsa took. :he
on a good note Gully finally seems to be maturing. Hopefully will get some litters out of him late spring, he has zero interest in the does yet. :barnie he's 9 months.... hopefully just late maturing.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
NCM_2020.JPG

Buns are doing well, still no additional litters. o_O
Celestia, Padame and Elsa are day 29. So early still.
Holly and Xara are day 8. Rebred them both as am really wanting another litter out of George before he leaves. He will be breeding them again next week. And Elsa and Padame if they don't kindle.... hopefully he isn't shooting blanks all of a sudden... though no litters since last spring.... was blaming it on the does being seasonsal.... ugh. :idunno Padame does appear bred though and he's been very willing. Would feel really bad if I sell a sterile buck....