Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well decided to sell the chickens so now all the bunnies and cages are in their insulated coop. :weee
finally got Celestia bred. Miss R2D2 is not old enough until December. So since they have a new, warmer shed. I bred Xara &Padame. ;)
So it's Celestia xWonder, Xara x Doc and Padame x Gully
all due December 2. :fl Bucks were interested, does so so... Xara lifted well though. Maybe I will get some jrs for spring shows. Have a show on Saturday.

Attachments

• NCM_3627.JPG
    NCM_3627.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 74

Hopalong Causually

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yes, indeed, Pastor Dave. That is almost exactly where I want to be through the winter, too.
I kept a buck and a doe from earlier litters this past summer on a just-in-case basis. The doe is the most beautiful rabbit I have but doesn't fit into my plans right now. My top priority was to get a future breeder buck from one doe I have and my only breeder buck. That doe is nearly three years old. It took her three litters to finally throw a buck. He's only four weeks old now but he has occupancy rights to the saved girl's cage. I've been unable to find anybody to take her so her name is coming close to changing from Nora to Roaster.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our new Bunnies
polish buck, Blackie
NCM_3764.JPG
mini rex doe Specialty Dark Chocolate
NCM_3759.JPG
and a new Velveteen lop brood doe, this is Twilights dam.
NCM_3755.JPG
will be checking does this week. :fl

We are up to 5 Polish, 3 MR and 9 Velveteen lops. Definitely room for some litters.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well first round of breedings resulted in zero kits... but Butterfly x Blackie is due end of the week and she was interested.
Then Xara, Celestia and CP are due in a couple weeks, Padame also but the way she feels and acts I am doubtful on her.
They've been getting ACV, boss and calf manna and lights at night... so we should get some kits.... I would think.
I got some work done to the cages this afternoon. Invested in a pair of heavy duty c clip pliers, definitely a good thing.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
And no litters...not sure why I attempt fall breedings... :he
oh ya so I have jrs to show in the spring...:barnie
let the velveteens out in the outside playpen, see if they could woo their ladies.... and though the boys tried the girls weren't having it. Did get a fall off Padame (held her...) this morning in Doc's cage.... even the Polish are being prudes...
have added supplements, lights, acv, reduce feed then increase... inside, outside, holding, not holding... only difference this year is bucks are interested... maybe I need to give them more time.... really was hoping for the polish to cooperate... if they don't this week will have to wait until after the mini rex co operate after Jan 1. As John needs jrs for the fair. Oh well... maybe we'll just have 100 bunnies all at once....:idunno

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is the ambient temp where you are attempting the breeding? I don't try too much unless it hits 50 or 60 and they are more active.

Sometimes I will put the doe next to the buck a while to see if she goes into heat and acts intetested. Once she's in with him, I wait an hour and watch for a fall off or two before giving them some space.

This Fall I decided not to breed and think I will breed on a decent day in February so I'll have some March babies. I decided to scale back, so only 5 breeders right now and 10 fryers, but plan to reduce 1 more buck and 1 more doe late Spring.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is the ambient temp where you are attempting the breeding? I don't try too much unless it hits 50 or 60 and they are more active.

Sometimes I will put the doe next to the buck a while to see if she goes into heat and acts intetested. Once she's in with him, I wait an hour and watch for a fall off or two before giving them some space.

This Fall I decided not to breed and think I will breed on a decent day in February so I'll have some March babies. I decided to scale back, so only 5 breeders right now and 10 fryers, but plan to reduce 1 more buck and 1 more doe late Spring.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score

Might be temps, probably gets down to 40 in there shed. It's well insulated but just have a heat lamp. Want to put my 2nd one in there.