1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Guess the build... - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Promise Acres Kindling Thread

Discussion in 'Breeds and Breeding - Rabbits' started by promiseacres, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Apr 12, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

All bunnies are doing well. the 2 peanuts aren't growing as expected, guess I just need to cull. So now I will have a litter of 1... Debating b/c I wouldn't mind another litter out of this doe, but this doe is my son's for 4H and our fair would be about 2 weeks post weaning the 2nd litter... I can give her kit to our Polish (her kits are 3 days older) if I decide to breed. or do I give this doe a couple of polish so this guy has some company... I've never had issues with fostering...I suppose there's that to consider also.
    I will try to get pictures later... the older MR litter is SUPER CUTE!
    VL are prepping for next week!
    Padame (so bittersweet)
    padame.jpg
    Rainbow
    rainbow.jpg
    Xara (isn't nesting yet... but...see the 2nd pic) xara.jpg Xarabelly.jpg

2. Apr 16, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Nest box day!! 4 does are at day 28!! All but Butterfly are staching, though she might be and I didn't see her as her box is nice and nested in. :weee
    Bad thing is I'm out of nest boxes for the velveteen lops and CutiePie is nesting too... She's due next week so a few days to either order one or convince DH to make another.... He wasn't thrilled when I informed him of that... :rolleyes: Not my fault these crazy rabbits all decided to give in to the bucks at the same time... FINALLLY is my thought.

I ended up putting R2's black otter in with Celestia's to raise. They're all doing fine. Moved R2 back to a "singles" cage and rebred her... she was acting crazy nesting and pulling hair, appeared normal today. Hoping it's just hormones of her 1st pregnancy. Special's babies are supper cute at 3 weeks old. Still turning on the heat lamp... crazy cold weather.

Wehner Homestead likes this.
  3. Apr 18, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Butterfly had 5 kits (day 30) 1 broken, 4 blacks
    3 more to go this week
    30739308_2029889153705565_2693394332286713856_n.jpg

4. Apr 18, 2018
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead Herd Master Golden Herd Member

5. Apr 18, 2018
    Jennifer Hinkle

Jennifer Hinkle Loving the herd life

Congratulations on the kits.

6. Apr 19, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

2 litters this morning both Doc's 1st and 2nd litter!!!
    Rainbow had 8! (First litter)
    NCM_0069.JPG
    Padame` had 11 (I think ), her 2nd litter, hers are in 2 groups NCM_0070-1.JPG
    NCM_0071.JPG
    Xara was in her box sleeping...looked at me, like "what do you want? She did pull a bit of fur so still hopeful.

7. Apr 19, 2018
    Bunnylady

Bunnylady True BYH Addict

Congrats on tons of buns! (and on does doing what they are supposed to!!):clap:clap:celebrate

8. Apr 19, 2018
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead Herd Master Golden Herd Member

:yuckyuck:weeebabies!!! :fl Xara gives you kits and all the mamas do their jobs and the babies grow well. Can’t wait to see pics as they grow! Congrats!!!

promiseacres likes this.
  9. Apr 19, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

pretty sure she will... she was very uncomfortable at 8 am... checked her records, she went 32 days last litter, this is her 2nd litter also. the 2 new litters looked good and even fed already.

10. Apr 19, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Still no kits from Xara but she was in the box pushing a few minutes ago.... I decided to go ahead and cull part of Padame's litter, found some online photos of bucks vs does as newborn... so culled the does :hit hope I never have to do that again... I hate genetic defects... but since I thought it was eradicated once and it popped back up 3 generations later... anyways it will only be harder as they grow. And hard to guarantee finding true pet homes...especially for does that you won't see any problems until they have kits. In any case depending on how all the kits do may cull more and let her raise some fosters from the other does. They are unrelated.