1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. 2019 What's up with my bucks hair? - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Promise Acres Kindling Thread

Discussion in 'Breeds and Breeding - Rabbits' started by promiseacres, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Aug 25, 2018
    Jennifer Hinkle

Jennifer Hinkle Loving the herd life

Good Luck!!!!!:thumbsup

Sundragons and Wehner Homestead like this.
  2. Aug 26, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Mini rex did well kids got 2 2nds, BOV and BOB! Jocelyn's jr chocolate doe was the BOB. Should get a LEG from that. :celebrate
    Jocelyn showed 1 jr Polish, she placed 4th.
    My 4 Velveteen lop jrs got 2nds and 3rd. One buck which I love his type is now confirmed as pinched in the chest. :confused: always something. Got a couple more cages and cage dividers so hoping I can get time to get bunnies rearranged. Did keep 2 jr polish, and got 2 more. I am thinking of breeding Xara and Special this week. Just call me a glutton. Despite our win still no sales of the mini rex. Oh well. More time to decide who stays. Debating on if we should get another buck to breed the jrs or 1/2 siblings or father to daughter or?? :idunnokids do want a broken....

Wehner Homestead likes this.
  3. Sep 8, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Well if my fingers felt correctly Xara and Special should have kits by the end of the month! :weee Need to get some sold though... Put Sweetie in the outdoor pen outside... Do have one being picked up next week.

4. Sep 28, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Litter #13 for 2018. Special had 3 kits late this morning. Excited as 2 appear lilacs! NCM_4466.JPG no nesting from Xara but acts off and she still has time. :fl
    We have bunnies headed to Ohio, New York and Alaska this month. Show next Saturday.

5. Sep 28, 2018
    Pastor Dave

Pastor Dave True BYH Addict

When we had a couple cool days in August, I bred my second attempt NZW doe to my NZW buck. She kindled and had 6 kits a couple mornings ago. She seems to be doing well for her first kindle.

My other doe is a mutt that is a cross between my lop eared charlie buck and a red satin doe. Both of the parents are now passed on. She is a pretty gentle doe until she kindles, then she is a very protective mama to say it nicely. She kindled as well with my NZW buck and had 7 kits yesterday morning.

I quit breeding as it got too warm, and will probably do one more breeding next week to get CT bred for her first time. Don't really want to breed in the winter either.

6. Oct 1, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Well. No kits from Xara... guess I shouldnt be suprised with the heat we had when she was bred.
    And those aren't lilacs.... :he got to love when unshowable recessives show up . Pretty sure they are chocolate torts possibly torted otters... neither are showable in mini rex in any case and tort isn't something you want to see in your otters. :tongue NCM_4514.JPG

7. Oct 9, 2018
    promiseacres

promiseacres Herd Master

Yesterday bred some mini rex
    R2D2 x Brownie one of young bucks
    C3PO x Una a young doe
    Jocelyn's new polish doe wasn't ready.
    Today am going to see about breeding Kara a almost sr VL to Vader.
    Had a rough day, had 2 cull 2 young bucks. Jocelyn's new polish Missile literally attacked me!:rant he bit onto my arm when I was cleaning cages and would not let go... and Hercules, a mini rex injured a leg, dislocated or broke. :hit

8. Oct 9, 2018
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Hope the breedings take!

Wow! I’d have culled him too! Glad it was you and not one of the kids. Hate to hear about the other getting injured!