Promise Acres Rabbit Thread

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like if John wants to show any jr mini rex we will be buying them... as Una crushed her litter overnight... :tongue raising rabbits sure sucks at times.

Well, phooey!:he

My two Netherland Dwarfs have come up with their own variation on "drive her crazy." Both delivered their litters in the box, etc, doing everything exactly like they are supposed to. So, what's my beef? They are over-achievers. Both have 6 - count 'em - 6! One doe is a false dwarf, and 6 isn't unheard of for one of those big girls, but her sister sure looks like a true dwarf (though without any peanuts in this litter, I gotta go, "hmm?") Tiny little guys, but they all look viable.:idunno I suppose I could just be ruthless and take a "survival of the fittest" approach, but these being Dwarfs, the ones most likely to survive would be the honkin' great false dwarfs, right?:thSo, BB2K is trying to top up any baby that looks like it didn't get a good feed after the moms nurse 'em, and I'm working on trying to increase the does' milk supply without risking their lives.:barnie

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Polkadots litter is doing great. EE6A2F8B-605E-42AA-9AB0-F155933D575C.jpeg
Two nest boxes are in.
Zora the Velveteen lop...is due tomorrow on Easter.... :fl no nesting so far though... she lifted twice on her own....she hates being handled and not sure if she took though am hoping. Debating on what to do with her if she hasn't settled...she bites... not cage agressive but when you handle her... she's a third generation of nice VL...so not sure where her attitude comes. Probably try to get one litter then cull her... going to have to cull hard this year in any case, if we ever get some kits. Basal is still here..not 100% healthy but bred a doe...so if we get kits he might be culled after too... then watch the kits for problems, maybe we'll get a healthy kit or two.
Ruby the NZ is due Tuesday but has been nesting for over a week. :)

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
The polish litter is 5 weeks and the NZ are almost 5. All doing well with an exception of the blue polish, lost him at 2 weeks.
John's rabbits are all signed up, including the two new mini rex.
Still no other litters.... :he not from lack of trying.... does mostly are willing but just empty boxes... :( it's a bit disheartening... :hit